6 people are interested
Resource Development Specialist
ORGANIZATION: StandUp for Kids - Orange County
Please visit the new page to apply.
6 people are interested
Resource Development Specialist (Volunteer) - Generic
StandUp for Kids - Orange County was launched in 2003 with a single focus: to end the cycle of youth homelessness in our community. We work to provide basic needs, housing, mentoring support, care, and love to at-risk and homeless youth ages 12-24.We are looking for a Volunteer Resource Development Specialist to provide support in managing community resources. The Resource Development Specialist will become the expert in self-development opportunities and strategies. This is a great chance to donate time and talent to support our important mission.
As a Resource Development Specialist, you will:
* Identify and research all community resources within the scope of specialty (education/housing/employment/health/immigration), including local, state and national opportunities
* Keep current on all state and national laws regulating the rights of homeless youth and young adults within specialty area
* Survey youth on issues and concerns within specialty area
* Develop strategies to improve kids’ attainment of their goals within specialty area
* Be familiar with our resource tools and keep them updated
* Update volunteer staff on new services or programs on a periodic basis via volunteer meetings, Sharepoint, Teams, email, etc.
* Report activities to the Resource Development Coordinator every monthQualifications:
* Ability to plan and manage work independently
* Superior verbal and written communication skills
* Excellent organizational and planning skills
* Strong sense of personal integrity
* Sincere desire to help homeless and street kids
* Outreach trained
* Proficiency in resource management tools or desire to develop skills to use computer software programs to maintain resource information Job Type:
* Volunteer position
* Remote, with occasional in-person events and/or meetings (Covid-19 safety protocols apply)
* Minimum 2-3 hours per week (volunteers are responsible for tracking their hours and sending them to the Executive Director at the end of each month)
* Available a minimum of once a month for outreach activities
* Monthly Team Meeting
* Background check ($18 submission fee)
* StandUp for Kids volunteers’ orientation
Please use this online form to apply. StandUp for Kids has been implementing strict Covid-19 protocols to ensure a safe environment for all our staff, volunteers and the people we serve.
About StandUp for Kids - Orange County
PO Box 14398, Irvine, CA 92623, US
The mission is to end the cycle of youth homelessness throughout the United States. We do this, every day, in cities across America. We carry out our mission through our volunteers who go to the streets in order to find, stabilize and otherwise help homeless and street kids improve their lives
StandUp for Kids fights to end youth homelessness by providing resources to homeless and at-risk kids. Resource rang from basic hygiene, healthcare, counseling, menroring, and drug and alcohol rehabilitation to support through our four core programs: Street Outreach, Mentoring, Outreach Centers and Apartment Support.
Aside from these resources and services, StandUp for Kids provides a caring community who values all homeless and at-risk youth. Our mentors and volunteers establish non-threatening relationships with youth and provide them with the lov and support of famlly, helping guide them to independence, education, and self-sufficiency.
1055 El Camino DrSuite ECosta MesaCosta Mesa, CA 92626
September 20, 2022
- Youth Services
- Public Relations
- Real Estate & Leasing
- Social Work
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- See above scope
- See above description