5 people are interested
ORGANIZATION: StandUp for Kids - Orange County
Please visit the new page to apply.
5 people are interested
Donor Prospect/Researcher (Volunteer)
StandUp for Kids - Orange County was launched in 2003 with a single focus: to end the cycle of youth homelessness in our community. We work to provide basic needs, housing, mentoring support, care, and love to at-risk and homeless youth ages 12-24.
We are looking for a Volunteer Donor Prospect/Researcher to support our staff at StandUp for Kids. The ideal candidate will have past research/investigative experience, or an aptitude for detail and curiosity willing to learn donor research. This is a great opportunity to donate time, resources, and talent to support our important mission.
As a Donor Prospect/Researcher, you will:
· Research and analyze information on current and prospective donors (business life, affiliations, net worth estimates, giving history/capacity, public life if any, education, family life, and any other details so needed by the organization)
· Write concise summaries with attachments to be used by the Executive Director, and Development Director for fundraising purposes
· Conduct research following the Development Director’s orientation
· Gather, analyze and report information on individuals, foundations, corporations, community organizations, and other grant makers
· Ensure accessibility of the filing system
· Experience with doing online research
· Familiarity with Microsoft Suite applications (including emails)
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to use, or eager to learn, tools such as The Foundation Center, Guide Star, and/or Wealth Engine as well as other tools, software and applications as appropriate
· Ability to use a relational database
· Strong organizational skills, with excellent record management skills
· Volunteer position
· Flexible: Work from home- regular check-ins with staff will be scheduled
· 20 hours per month (volunteers are responsible for tracking their hours and sending them to the office administrator at the end of each month)
· Minimum 3 month commitment with intermittent evaluations, and renewable if both parties are satisfied with results
· Prior to commencing the position, the researcher will sign an agreement of confidentiality and review standards for the respectful handling of donor information
· Background check ($18 submission fee)
· StandUp for Kids volunteers’ orientation Please use this online form to apply.
Any interested person should submit by email a cover letter stating your interest, logistical availability (i.e., possible start/end dates), special needs if any, strengths/skills you bring to this important work, what you seek from this experience - attached with your Vitae or resume that highlights pertinent experiences and skills. Please email: email@example.com
About StandUp for Kids - Orange County
PO Box 14398, Irvine, CA 92623, US
The mission is to end the cycle of youth homelessness throughout the United States. We do this, every day, in cities across America. We carry out our mission through our volunteers who go to the streets in order to find, stabilize and otherwise help homeless and street kids improve their lives
StandUp for Kids fights to end youth homelessness by providing resources to homeless and at-risk kids. Resource rang from basic hygiene, healthcare, counseling, menroring, and drug and alcohol rehabilitation to support through our four core programs: Street Outreach, Mentoring, Outreach Centers and Apartment Support.
Aside from these resources and services, StandUp for Kids provides a caring community who values all homeless and at-risk youth. Our mentors and volunteers establish non-threatening relationships with youth and provide them with the lov and support of famlly, helping guide them to independence, education, and self-sufficiency.
1055 El Camino DrSuite ECosta MesaCosta Mesa, CA 92626
January 31, 2024
- Youth Services
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Social Work
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Please see above scope
- Please see description above