Mental Health Therapist (MFT/MSW Trainees) for SA & DV Non-Profit
This position provides direct client services to survivors of sexual violence and members of the LGBTQ+ Program; ranging from therapeutic counseling to in-person advocacy through our Sexual Assault Response Team. As an MFT Associate/Trainee, this position includes providing assessment, individual and family counseling, couples counseling and/or group counseling for victims of abuse and their support person(s). This includes both short term therapy and crisis counseling as consistent with the organization’s philosophy, the client’s best interest, and the therapist’s score of practice. You may be required to work virtually and in-person with clients from a range of populations including but not limited to: survivors of abuse, LGBTQ+ persons, university-based students, and school-based student youth. Paid opportunities are available for Associate therapists who can commit to 20+ hours per week.
Master’s Degree in clinical field REQUIRED. Emphasis is on learning casework and treatment methods appropriate to Coalition’s Clinical program, procedures and policies as part of a multi-disciplinary team. Currently enrolled or recently graduated to one year of obtaining Associate Registration from BBS.Fundamental Job Requirements
- Provides therapy to victims of sexual assault and their support person(s).
- Supports the 24/7 Rape Crisis Accompaniment Calendar (shifts are distributed equitably across team members during the week and weekends)-must respond to in-person calls within one hour.
- Conducts client intakes and facilitates case management including preparing client assessments, submitting weekly progress notes, creating treatment plans, tracking records of payment, and other client management.
- Attends mandatory individual and/or group supervision with Clinical Supervisor.
- Attends weekly Rape Crisis Center staff meeting.
- Conducts psychoeducational/support groups for victims of sexual assault
- Works collaboratively with our Education and Training Coordinator to present on topics tied to sexual trauma at our 40 Hour Sexual Assault Training (typically held twice a year).
- Tracks and submits monthly demographics and statistics tied to clinical and advocacy services for the Rape Crisis Center to our SART Coordinator in a timely manner.
- Collaborates with outside agencies regarding counseling and victim resources in order to advocate for clients and offer appropriate referrals.
- Other duties as assigned by Rape Crisis Program Manager.
- Must obtain Domestic Violence Counselor certification that meets the requirements under California Evidence Code 1037.1 within one year of hire date.
- Must obtain Sexual Assault Counselor certification that meets the requirements under California Evidence Code 1305.2 within one year of hire date.
- Must complete our LGBTQ 101 Training within 6 months of hire date.
For more information, please visit our website and career page:
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Coalition for Family Harmony
1030 N VENTURA RD, OXNARD, CA 93030, US
The Coalition for Family Harmony aims to provide direct services to victims of domestic violence and sexual assault; to educate the community regarding violence against women, children, and men; to prevent the cycle of violence.
The Coalition offers many services to the community in the support of survivors of sexual and domestic violence. They house Ventura County's sole rape crisis center with staff available 24/7 to provide intervention, emergency response, advocacy, and accompaniment to survivors of sexual assault.
The Coalition also has a 30-day emergency shelter that houses battered women and their children. This program not only provides shelter to survivors, but food, clothing, and access to counseling, support groups, parenting classes, and more.
In addition to these emergency response programs, the Coalition offers individual counseling to survivors and perpetrators of sexual assault and domestic violence, as well as free support groups. The Coalition also houses Batterer's Treatment, Juvenile Probation, Child Abuse Intervention, and Family Harmony programs.
Providing education and awareness to the community is also an essential piece of the Coalition's mission. Staff members periodically provide education trainings in the community and provide bi-annual crisis counselor trainings for interested community members. Training sessions provide a wide selection of continuing education units for healthcare and social service providers.
1030 North Ventura RoadOxnard, CA 93030
August 30, 2021
- Mental Health
- Case Work / Management
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Crisis Counseling
- Social Work
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training