1 person is interested
Youth Mentor, AmeriCorps EXL Mentor (900 Hr)
ORGANIZATION: Napa County Office of Education
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
AmeriCorps EXL is an exciting opportunity to be part of an ambitious team working towards closing the achievement gap and removing barriers to learning for youth. Students are at the heart of our work. We are seeking proactive, adaptable, enthusiastic, and dedicated AmeriCorps EXL Mentors to support the academic and social skills development of high-need students in local area schools of Napa, California. We partner with schools to identify students who would benefit from a positive, adult role model that can give targeted social-emotional support and mentor students to be their most resilient selves.
Please visit :https://tinyurl.com/HT-EXL-Mentorto learn more about this service opportunity and apply!
Service Term: January 15, 2024 - June 28, 2024 OR February 7, 2024 - July 19, 2024
- Full-time, 6-month commitment serving a minimum of 900 hours - will include occasional evenings and weekends
- Hours are generally Monday - Friday from 8:00 - 6:00PM, typically at least 45 hours per week (varies slightly by school site)
- Service hours are expected to occur in-person at school sites, and EXL members are required to live within a reasonable commute distance from their school site.
Qualifications and Characteristics:
- Must be at least 18 years of age (17 with parental approval)
- Clear criminal background check (DOJ and FBI; National Sex Offender Public Database)
- Submit current, clear TB (tuberculosis) test
- Provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination
- Must have at least a high school diploma or a GED by start date
- Must either be a citizen, national, or lawful permanent resident alien of the United States (Due to federal grant restrictions, we currently can not accept DACA recipients)
- Must not have served more than 3 terms of service previously with AmeriCorps State and National programs
- Passion for education and working with youth of all backgrounds
- Organized, responsible, flexible, motivated and professional
- Strong personal standards of excellence, ethics and integrity
- Ability to be committed to a high standard of safety and be willing and able to comply with all safety laws and all of the program’s safety policies and rules
Great organizations embrace the richness of individual differences. NCOE is committed to building a culture of inclusion and connectedness allowing us to grow and learn better together. Our community and classrooms are strengthened by our diversity and thrive because of our inclusivity. In recruiting for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that you bring.
In Exchange for Service
- Monthly Living Stipend of $2,200
- $10,000 in Education Awards:
- Segal Education Award of $3,447.5*
- Health Benefits
- Childcare Assistance (if applicable)
- Eligibility for CalFresh (CA’s food stamp program)
- $250 Moving Stipend for applicants moving from over 250 miles from the service site
- Federal Student Loan deferment and interest repayment
- Extensive Professional Development and experiential learning opportunities
*Please note: the living stipend and education awards are taxable
Please visit:https://tinyurl.com/HT-EXL-Mentorto apply
Fri Jan 12, 2024
08:00 AM to 06:00 PM
Service times may change dependent on school.
- NONE OF THESE DAYS WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About Napa County Office of Education
2121 Imola Avenue, Napa, CA 94559, US
The mission of the Napa County Office of Education, as a flexible, countywide educational resource, is to support and collaborate with districts, access and coordinate existing services, and develop additional services in response to changing community needs.a
The Napa County Office of Education provides services that are committed to increasing success rates among all students, preschool to college, with a particular focus on low income and minority students.
Multiple locations Napa, CA 94558
October 12, 2023
- General Education
- Teaching / Instruction
- Youth Services
- Child Development
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- You will serve a 900 hour full-time commitment from January 12th, 2024- June 28th, 2024
- Direct Service in Schools.