DONATE TO THIS
3 people are interested
Member of the Board of Directors - Fundraising
DONATE TO THIS
3 people are interested
Angelshot is seeking a Member of the Board of Directors with an outstanding fundraising record to help grow a nonprofit startup organization. Angelshot’s Board of Directors is composed of unpaid volunteers who support the work of AngelShot and provide mission-based leadership and strategic governance. During our initial growth period, day-to-day operations are led by AngelShot’s Founders and the appropriate involvement of the non-founding Board Members is both critical and expected. Specific Board Member responsibilities include:Leadership, governance and oversight
- Serving as a trusted advisor to the Founders as they develop and implement AngelShot’s strategic plan
- Reviewing outcomes and metrics created by AngelShot for evaluating its impact, and regularly measuring its performance and effectiveness using those metrics; reviewing agenda and supporting materials prior to board and committee meetings
- Partnering with the Founders and other board members to approve AngelShot’s annual budget, audit reports, and material business decisions; being informed of, and meeting all, legal and fiduciary responsibilities
- Assisting the Founders in identifying and recruiting other Board Members
- Partnering with the Founders and other board members to ensure that board resolutions are carried out
- Serving on committees or task forces and taking on special assignments
- Representing AngelShot to stakeholders; acting as an ambassador for the organization
- Ensuring AngelShot’s commitment to a diverse board and staff that reflects the communities AngelShot serves
Board Members will consider AngelShot a philanthropic priority. So that AngelShot can credibly solicit contributions from foundations, organizations, and individuals, AngelShot expects to have all Board Members...
- Make a proud, personal annual gift.
- Understand AngelShot’s fundraising program and strategies.
- Help thank donors.
- Communicate with donors and tell them about AngelShot’s great work.
- Help identify prospective donors and open the door with introductions.
- Help cultivate donors.
- Ask for contributions when appropriate.
- Support and encourage the fundraising team.
- Ensure that fundraising has adequate resources and support.
- Attend public events and bring prospects and friends.
AngelShot’s Board Members will serve a one-year term to be eligible for re-appointment for one additional term. Board meetings will be held monthly and committee meetings will be held in coordination with full board meetings.Qualifications
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual who is passionate about AngelShot’s mission and who has a track record of board leadership. Selected Board Members will have achieved leadership stature in business, government, philanthropy, or the nonprofit sector. Their accomplishments will allow them to attract other well-qualified, high-performing Board Members.
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
- Experience with guiding an early-stage nonprofit to help expand our reach
- Extensive professional experience with significant executive leadership accomplishments in business, government, philanthropy, or the nonprofit sector
- A commitment to and understanding of AngelShot’s beneficiaries, preferably based on experience
- Savvy diplomatic skills and a natural affinity for cultivating relationships and persuading, convening, facilitating, and building consensus among diverse individuals
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a passion for improving the lives of AngelShot’s beneficiaries
Service on AngelShot’s Board of Directors is without remuneration, except for administrative support, travel, and accommodation costs in relation to Board Members’ duties.
About AngelShot Ltd.
244 Madison Ave, #1403, NEW YORK, NY 10016, US
AngelShot's mission is to provide tools and knowledge that empower women to safeguard themselves and encourage communities to act as havens for them.
AngelShot is a women-run tech-for-good charity that creates tools and resources to help women safeguard themselves against sexual violence. Together, we can end the social and cultural norms that underlie the acceptance of sexual violence against women.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
August 22, 2021
- Grant Writing / Research
- Donor Management
- Must be at least 21
- Monthly board meetings (1 hour), bi-weekly working sessions (optional 6 hours)