14 people are interested
UMR Fundraising Leader Content Creator
ORGANIZATION: United Mission for Relief and Development
Please visit the new page to apply.
14 people are interested
Position Description: UMR has recently just launched our Fundraising Leader opportunity which allows for our dedicated volunteers to expand their assistance beyond a one-time or even recurring donation through the management of their own personal fundraising page! Through a variety of fundraising and marketing strategies from social media messaging to community outreach to event planning, our fundraising leaders can amplify the impact of their desire to donate!
And we at UMR want to do more than just provide our crowdfunding platform and toolkit to guide our dedicated fundraising leaders in their work. We are in the midst of continued work on supporting guides and toolkits that will only continue to expand the creativity, marketing, and most importantly fundraising of our volunteers’ incredible efforts! And we are looking for some assistance on this project so that we can publish our content faster than we plan!!
The ideal content creator is someone who has had previous fundraising and/or crowdsourcing experience and can contribute their knowledge to the ongoing work of our supplementary materials. This person should be creativity, adaptable, responsible, team-oriented and able to generate instructional content for a diverse audience. We list the responsibilities of this role as well as the qualifications and application process below:
Department/Individuals Assisting: Our DC office’s Volunteer department
Responsible to: Our DC office’s Volunteer Coordinator, Connor Paul
- Assisting with the publication of supplemental materials to the UMR Fundraising Leader toolkit including a Donor Storytelling Toolkit and a Virtual/In-Person Fundraising Event Guide.
- Generating new ideas that can be used in the above materials
- Contributing to the drafting and editing of the above materials
- Brainstorming and developing any new ideas that could serve as supplemental materials to the UMR Fundraising Leader toolkit
- Excellent written communication skills in English.
- Results oriented with the ability to meet self-imposed deadlines.
- Creativity with a desire to present and try out new ideas
- Be a team player and work effectively with others, including UMR staff and other volunteers.
- Be receptive to feedback and willing to make necessary changes or adjustments to your work.
- Previous experience fundraising or developing fundraising materials for an organization or cause.
- Previous experience with crowdfunding platforms, specifically Classy
- Social media savvy and experience
Commitment: This is a flexible opportunity but we do have other volunteers assisting so we would like to find at least one time on a weekly or biweekly basis that we could all check-in together.
- Reliable internet connection
- Google account/email to receive and work on shared documents
Application: To apply for this volunteer opportunity, you can email our Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon receiving your interest, they will reach out to you to set up a time to meet to ensure the assistance required is something you will be interested in and your commitment to the assistance as well!
If you have any additional questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to our Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com.
More opportunities with United Mission for Relief and Development
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About United Mission for Relief and Development
1990 K Street NW, Suite 425, Washington, DC 20006, US
At the United Mission for Relief and Development (UMR), we seek to provide disaster relief, recovery services, and humanitarian aid to underserved and marginalized populations all around the world. But what separates us from other relief organizations is the importance we place on making sure the aid we supply leads to the development of sustainable, resilient communities. By cooperating with local partners and NGOs on the ground, designing robust projects that take into account the long-term needs of societies, implementing innovative solutions that involve entire populations, and respecting the dignity of our beneficiaries, we provide them with the support they need to develop lasting and impactful change for the better.
United Mission for Relief and Development (UMR) is a registered 501 (c)(3) non-profit organization headquartered in Washington, DC. We are one of the fastest growing NGO’s in the country, with a focus on building humanitarian coalitions to tackle developmental needs. We work to help underserved and marginalized communities build their capacity toward resilience and aspire to become the organization of choice for improving lives worldwide.
In 2019, UMR led 54 projects in 15 different countries by issuing over $3 million dollars in expenditures across our various projects. But we are even prouder of the impact of our work, serving roughly 700,000 direct beneficiaries and around 7 million indirect beneficiaries! Our projects breakdown across four programmatic sectors:
- Poverty Reduction (including food security, child protection, and our seasonal programs)
- Education and Training
- Health, both physical and mental
- Water Scarcity
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
April 5, 2022
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Reading / Writing
- Community Outreach
- Critical Thinking
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- This is a flexible opportunity but we do have other volunteers assisting so we would like to find at least one time on a weekly or biweekly basis that we could all check-in together.