4 people are interested
ADVOCACY: Join the Fight to End Alzheimer's
4 people are interested
Support the fight against Alzheimer's. Alzheimer's disease is one of the most critical public health issues in America. This is why we are unrelentingly advocating for public policies that increase critical research funding and support all those affected. Now is the time to join us. Help persuade policymakers to make Alzheimer's a national priority.
With help from our grassroots advocates, we've passed critical legislation and increased federal research funding seven-fold since 2011. But our work isn’t done and we need dedicated advocates like you to build on this success in Congress and in every state capital. We’ll train you to advocate in a variety of ways, some of which take just an hour or two every few months. Whatever your experience and availability, we’re eager to have you on our advocacy team! Will you join us?
If you are interested or have questions, please contact Chelsea Rangel, Public Policy Coordinator for the San Antonio and South Texas Chapter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Alzheimer's Association San Antonio and South Texas Chapter
10223 McAllister Fwy #100, San Antonio, TX 78216, US
"To eliminate Alzheimer's disease through the advancement of research; to provide and enhance care and support for all affected; and to reduce the risk of dementia through the promotion of brain health.
The Azheimer's Association is the center of help and hope in communities nationwide. Our services and support include:
- 24/7 toll-free Helpline (1-800-272-3900)
- Care Consultation for assisting families through difficult decisions that people with AD and their families face every day
- Information/Referral- offices maintain updated info. of local resources
- Support Groups- for people with demential and caregivers and friends
- Education- for families and professional caregivers
- Advocacy- working at the local, state and federal level
- Research- largest private funder of Alzheimer's and related dementia research as well as coordinating the match system to find clinical studies to participate in
Multiple locations San Antonio, TX 78216
November 17, 2021
- Elder care
- Public Advocacy
- Community Outreach
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- 2-3 hours per month