7 people are interested
Office Support and Patient Volunteers needed for Hospice Agency
7 people are interested
Continuum Care Hospice is looking for someone to work virtually or with our in-office team to help provide office support.
(Must be a resident of Sonoma, Marin, or Napa County)
What are some things you can do to provide office support:
- Assemble welcome bags
- File or copy paperwork
- Data Entry
- Phone support
- Assist the bereavement team in making phone calls
- Call patients or caregivers to see if they need supplies
- Help with mailings
- Help with annual celebration of life events
You will be working either virtually or in a lovely open environment with the nicest people ever. This is an ideal situation for an adult with a few extra hours a week, someone who blends well in a small office setting and is comfortable with technology or computers. It is also ideal for a student looking for an internship and/or volunteer credit.
If you are interested in Volunteering directly with patients in Sonoma, Marin, or Napa Counties, we have Volunteer opportunities there too!
What are some of the things you can do in person for Patients?
- Have a friendly visit
- Read a book or a passage out loud
- Play cards or a game
- Walk their dog
- Play recorded music from a device
- Play a musical instrument
- Share or view photos
- Knit or scrapbook
- Help with equine horse therapy sessions
- Take a walk with them
- Sit outdoors with them on a patio
- Run errands
- Light housekeeping
- Accompany them to community activities
- Outdoor chores
- Help them write legacy letters, emails, and cards
- Have a beautiful conversation
- Sit with them in compassionate and therapeutic silence
- Volunteer your licensed services: haircut, manicure, massage, reiki, alternative therapies, etc.
- Go on hikes with a patient's family members -- coordinated by our bereavement team
- Bring along your licensed pet therapy animal
- Provide respite care for the family or a caregiver who may need an hour or two break
- Sit vigil with a patient
- Give the gift of your heart and your time
I'm looking forward to chatting with you soon!
About Continuum Care Hospice
5401 Old Redwood Highway, Suite 110, Petaluma, CA 94954, US
Continuum Care Hospice’s mission is to provide the terminally ill patient and their loved ones with the support and care they require to live their lives comfortably. Our goal is to provide physical, emotional, and spiritual comfort. We believe that Hospice care should be available to any and all persons with an illness for which there is no cure or for persons who elect not to attempt a cure, resulting in a limited life expectancy.
Seeking Volunteers in Marin, Sonoma, Napa, Alameda and Contra Costa Counties. Do you have a need for a little something more in your life...something that can provide a strong sense of connection and fulfillment? Are you looking for a way to share your knowledge, talent and heart that will have a meaningful impact on the lives of others?
Volunteering with Continuum Care Hospice offers you the opportunity to belong to a volunteer fellowship, benefit your well-being and do satisfying work to provide compassionate care to others. You will be a vital and valued member of our team.
The main role of a volunteer at Continuum Care Hospice is patient and family support. Volunteers also provide crucial assistance with administrative support, community outreach, fundraising and special projects.
Choose your best fit from a wide variety of volunteer opportunities and receive specialized free training that will give you confidence in your ability to help while being able to design your own schedule as part of an invaluable team.
Our volunteers tell us that volunteering with Continuum Care Hospice is life-changing and one of the most rewarding experiences of their lives.
5401 Old Redwood Highway#110Petaluma, CA 94954
August 16, 2021
- Hospice Care
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible hours. If in-office, Monday-Friday business hours.
- Must provide own transportation