82 people are interested
Hospice volunteers needed in Santa Rosa, CA and surrounding Areas
ORGANIZATION: Continuum Care Hospice
Please visit the new page to apply.
82 people are interested
Continuum Hospice seeks volunteers in Santa Rosa and its surrounding areas.
(Must be a resident of Sonoma, Marin, or Napa County)
Hospice volunteering will give you an opportunity to truly make a difference in another's life. Your smile, your listening, your attention, and your compassionate presence will bring the important gift of connection and affirmation to someone in their last phase of life.
You will receive an orientation to hospice concepts as well as training for your patient visits or administrative help, and you will be well-supported and greatly appreciated by Patients, their families, and the entire hospice team.
Please contact us for more information. We look forward to talking with you!
What are some of the things Volunteers can do for Patients?
- Have a friendly visit
- Read a book or a passage out loud
- Play cards or a game
- Walk their dog
- Play recorded music from a device
- Play a musical instrument
- Share or view photos
- Knit or scrapbook
- Help with equine horse therapy sessions
- Take a walk with them
- Sit outdoors with them on a patio
- Run errands
- Light housekeeping
- Accompany them to community activities
- Outdoor chores
- Help them write legacy letters, emails, and cards
- Have a beautiful conversation
- Sit with them in compassionate and therapeutic silence
- Volunteer your licensed services: haircut, manicure, massage, reiki, alternative therapies, etc.
- Go on hikes with a patient's family members -- coordinated by our bereavement team
- Bring along your licensed pet therapy animal
- Provide respite care for the family or a caregiver who may need an hour or two break
- Sit vigil with a patient
- Give the gift of your heart and your time
You can also volunteer administratively:
- Assemble welcome bags
- File or copy paperwork
- Assist the bereavement team in making phone calls
- Call patients or caregivers to see if they need supplies
- Help with mailings
- Answer phones
- Help with annual celebration of life events
I'm looking forward to chatting with you soon!
More opportunities with Continuum Care Hospice
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Continuum Care Hospice
5401 Old Redwood Highway, Suite 110, Petaluma, CA 94954, US
Continuum Care Hospice’s mission is to provide the terminally ill patient and their loved ones with the support and care they require to live their lives comfortably. Our goal is to provide physical, emotional, and spiritual comfort. We believe that Hospice care should be available to any and all persons with an illness for which there is no cure or for persons who elect not to attempt a cure, resulting in a limited life expectancy.
Seeking Volunteers in Marin, Sonoma, Napa, Alameda and Contra Costa Counties. Do you have a need for a little something more in your life...something that can provide a strong sense of connection and fulfillment? Are you looking for a way to share your knowledge, talent and heart that will have a meaningful impact on the lives of others?
Volunteering with Continuum Care Hospice offers you the opportunity to belong to a volunteer fellowship, benefit your well-being and do satisfying work to provide compassionate care to others. You will be a vital and valued member of our team.
The main role of a volunteer at Continuum Care Hospice is patient and family support. Volunteers also provide crucial assistance with administrative support, community outreach, fundraising and special projects.
Choose your best fit from a wide variety of volunteer opportunities and receive specialized free training that will give you confidence in your ability to help while being able to design your own schedule as part of an invaluable team.
Our volunteers tell us that volunteering with Continuum Care Hospice is life-changing and one of the most rewarding experiences of their lives.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
July 5, 2022
- Elder care
- Animal Care / Handling
- Reading / Writing
- Hospice Care
- Veteran Care
- Driver's License Needed
- Flexible; typically 1-3 hours per week
- Must provide own transportation