Kirksville, MO needs volunteers to help local families cope with emergencies.
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross of Missouri and Arkansas
Please visit the new page to apply.
Every day people are forced from their home due to disasters. Single and multi-family home fires account for 90% of disaster responses for the American Red Cross. Compassionate and committed Disaster Action Team (DAT) volunteers help those families affected.
Respond by phone to families affected by home fires, flooding or other local disasters to provide resources, comfort and hope.
Be the beacon of hope to families who are likely having the worst day of their lives.
- 18 years or older with a valid United States driver’s license
- Training provided both online courses and shadow virtually with experienced volunteers
- Computer with internet and a smart phone
- Available for a minimum of one on-call, 4-hour shift/month
Register as a volunteer: https://volunteerconnection.redcross.org/?nd=lead&a=606&h=956&p=1168029
What Our Volunteers Are Saying
- "I’m retired and was looking for a way to help in my local community. I love that I found the Red Cross because being able to help someone in one of their greatest times of need is a feeling like no other." ~Charlie V.
- "I watched the Red Cross help my Mom when she had a house fire and I knew I wanted to help giveback anyway I could. Now I am able to pay it forward for my Mom and our family." ~Laqueesha J.
- "I may not have money to give, but I have time." ~Taylor W.
- "It’s a wonderful feeling being able to help someone affected by a home fire, who literally, may only have the clothes on their back." ~Julie M.
About American Red Cross of Missouri and Arkansas
American Red Cross, 10195 Corporate Square Drive, St. Louis, MO 63132, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether itﾒs one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member or through the generosity of blood donors, providing critical blood to people in need, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
Multiple locations Kirksville, MO 63501
July 28, 2022
- Safety & Disaster Education
- Disaster Response
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training