22 people are interested
Services To Armed Forces Volunteers Needed - Broward County
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross - South Florida Region
Please visit the new page to apply.
22 people are interested
The Service to the Armed Forces (SAF) program dates back to the establishment of the American Red Cross by Clara Barton in May 1881. Not only did the "Angel of the Battlefield" risk her life tending to soldiers wounded in the Civil War, she bolstered their morale by writing letters for them to send to their families. Today’s American Red Cross workers proudly carry on this tradition through the SAF program, which serves as a critical line of communication between the U.S Armed Forces and their families.
Red Cross Service to the Armed Forces (SAF) offers a wide range of services to members of the Armed Forces and their families, including: 24/7 emergency communications, access to financial assistance in partnership with military aid societies, access to confidential Reconnection Workshops, information and referral services, veterans assistance and more.
Volunteers are needed in each of the following areas.
- Emergency Services: The Red Cross assists in communicating emergency family matters, such as serious illness, death in the family or birth of a child. After verifying the emergency, we will send a verified message to the military authorities who will then deliver the information to the armed forces member. In addition to emergency messages, the Red Cross provides free preparedness trainings and seminars, and can help with welfare inquires during disasters.
- Education (Outreach & Briefings): The Red Cross attends pre-deployment briefings and other military unit family gatherings to answer questions and deliver information about Red Cross services available to military families.
- Information and Referrals: Local Red Cross caseworkers are available to help military and veteran families find the assistance they need.
- Service to Military & Veterans Affairs (VA) Medical Facilities: Red Cross volunteers serve in military treatment facilities and support the VA Voluntary Services program at the VA Hospital.
- Building Family Resiliency: The Red Cross offers free resiliency-based workshops for parents and children of military and veteran families. The interactive workshops are scheduled on request and are facilitated by licensed Red Cross volunteers.
About American Red Cross - South Florida Region
1250 Northpoint Parkway, West Palm Beach, FL 33407, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether itﾒs one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
South Florida AreaFort Lauderdale, FL 33301
June 6, 2022
- Customer Service
- Case Work / Management
- Veteran Care
- Community Outreach
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Red Cross training will be provided