3 people are interested
3 people are interested
In this role you'll edit writer's pieces for grammar, structure, tone, and style, ensuring they turn out polished copy
worthy of a world-class content operation. As the vital glue that holds together our content team, your goal will be
to help writers to produce high-quality blog posts, articles, stories, and formal reports at the intersection of
education technology, e-learning, and international development.
· Editing articles, blog posts, social media content, and marketing and communications materials related
to education, e-learning, and international development.
· Copyediting and fact-checking digital copy with an eye on preserving brand identity and editorial integrity
with a sensitivity to the writer's voice.
· Comfortable editing multiple assignments at various stages of the writing process (outline, first
· Collaborating with content manager to generate story ideas and to help shape the editorial direction of
journalistic and storytelling efforts
Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of this position. However, this position description in
no way states or implies that these are the only duties you may be required to perform. The omission of specific
descriptions of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or can be considered
essential to this position.
· Add positions consulted for this role, both internal and external. Also include direct reports, if any, and
level of supervision.
· Bachelor's Degree in Journalism, Communications, Media, or Marketing.
· 3-5 years of professional editing experience in a news, media or nonprofit organization.
· A proven track record of editing for the web (print a plus), with the ability to communicate why changes
should be made; not simply correcting errors or improving writing.
· Ability to edit clear, clean copy, turning out headlines, posts and stories that are timely, thought-
provoking, and as clickable and shareable as they are editorially sound.
· Ability to understand content strategy and edit content to align with it.
· Well-organized and self-driven motivated with a love of coaching writers.
· Deeply passionate about quality content and approaches editing with a creatively curious mindset.
· Ability to edit of complex, nuanced education, technology and international development content that
Department Marketing, Public Relations, and Communications
Reports to Content Marketing Manager, Team Lead
requires strong fact-checking. · Mastery of on-page SEO and how to apply it to each piece of content to provide guidance for writers. · Basic understanding of how content marketing, SEO, social media, and email marketing, and social media function, and how they can work together to get results - as well as the different writing and stylistic requirements of each channel. · Desire to help writers improve their craft and elevate their content to the highest quality.
Why volunteer with us?
We are a community of people from different parts of the world who share a common belief in improving
education which will eventually reduce poverty and improve the quality of life and living conditions globally.
Volunteering with us will enable you to build your resume and gain invaluable experience in a supportive
· In the USA, School Group is a Certifying Organization, offering the President’s Volunteer Service Award
(PVSA) to eligible volunteers.
· School Group will provide a letter of recommendation to all volunteers who are able to showcase
outstanding performance for professional references.
This is a volunteer position. There will be no financial compensation. Our organization is 100% volunteer-run. We
welcome volunteers located anywhere in the world, as long as they can connect reliably to the internet.
How to apply
Please email your resume to email@example.com. We would love to hear from you!
About School Group
1700 Atlas RD, Cedar Park, TX 78613, US
To promote quality education, skills development, and improve lives around the world through cutting-edge peer e-learning technology and data-driven research.
School Group is a global non-profit research organization building a global e-learning network for classroom collaboration. We do this through artificial intelligence software that supports our mission of transforming lives by bringing together students and teachers around the world for peer-to-peer collaborative learning to improve the accessibility and quality of education.
We work with educators, schools, government agencies, corporations, non-profits, and passionate people just like you who share our vision for a brighter future.
School Group is a platform that connects schools from various parts of the world. Our goal is to provide an e-learning community that focuses on peer-to-peer learning. We promote collaboration and communication to bridge the educational gap in a rapidly changing educational landscape. For more information, please visit our website, www.schoolgroup.org.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
August 14, 2021
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Social Media / Blogging
- Background Check
- 10 hrs/ week