We're sorry, this opportunity is no longer active.
American Red Cross - San Bernardino County Chapter has 2 more opportunities, please check them out.See Opportunities
8 people are interested
Alert!! DISASTER RELIEF: We need help with Feeding Clients! Impact Your Community!( In Person)
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross - San Bernardino County Chapter
Please visit the new page to apply.
8 people are interested
The American Red Cross’ Feeding function provides meals, snacks, and beverages to individuals and families in communities impacted by man-made and natural disasters, ranging from single-family fire to large-scale events, such as tornadoes, hurricanes, and floods. Feeding includes the preparation, coordination, and delivery of meals through the following methods:
- Congregate feeding - providing meals and beverages in a shelter.
- Outreach feeding - providing meals and beverages by one of two methods:
- Fixed (non-shelter) - serving clients at a designated location in or near a disaster-affected area
- Mobile - serving clients by using emergency response vehicles and other designated vehicles that travel throughout affected communities.
- Canteen - providing snacks, beverages, and in some instances, meals, to first responders, shelter clients, and others who need their nutrition needs to be met outside of scheduled meal times.
Feeding Associates assist the Red Cross by helping to develop and expand our list of feeding partners as part of disaster preparedness.
- Will be part of the feeding team with the purpose of expanding our feeding partnerships and capacity.
- Assist with contacting and follow-up with potential feeding vendors.
- Developing feeding partnerships and obtaining feeding requests for proposals (RFP).
- Opportunity to help maintain feeding database of our vendors
Note: Must be Fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and submission of vaccine status and supporting documentation in Volunteer Connection if participating in in-person activities
Training: We provide all the training!
* Disaster Cycle Services: An Overview (Required)
* Mass Care: An Overview (Required)
* Fundamental courses for all Mass Care activities strongly recommended
"WE ARE LOOKING FOR LOCAL HEROES TO POSITIVELY IMPACT YOUR COMMUNITY"
Sign-up to volunteer today! Please email questions to Juana Zapata, the Sr. Volunteer Recruiter Specialist, at Juana.Zapata@redcross.org or (951) 205-6689.
About American Red Cross - San Bernardino County Chapter
10600 N Trademark, Suite 406, Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether it's one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. People like you, serving as Blood Services Ambassadors helping to improve a blood donor's experience or serving as a Blood Driver, transporting lifesaving blood and blood product make a difference every day. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
10600 Trademark Pkwy N Ste. 406Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730
July 27, 2022
- Event Management
- Food & Beverage Services
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- Food Service
- People Skills
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Day-time business hours. May work from the Chapter office or home. May also involve some field visits and meetings. We are flexible and many shifts are available.
- Note: Must be Fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and submission of vaccine status and supporting documentation in Volunteer Connection if participating in in-person activities