86 people are interested
Virtual Volunteer Tutor + Mentor Elementary School Students (No Experience Required)
ORGANIZATION: Step Up Tutoring
Please visit the new page to apply.
86 people are interested
Step Up Tutoring is seeking volunteers to provide virtual 1:1 tutoring to 3rd-6th grade students from underserved communities to help build fundamental math skills and to provide support and encouragement. All tutoring will take place virtually! All you need is a computer and internet access. No prior tutoring experience needed.
Tutoring sessions are held two or three times a week, for 45 minutes/session, weekdays between the hours of 7:30 am and 8 pm PST with the greatest demand for tutoring being weekdays between 7:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. and 3:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. The number of students you tutor will be based on your schedule/total hours of availability.
- Work virtually with a student in grades 3rd-6th, for 45 minutes, 2 or 3 times a week for a minimum of 12 weeks
- Focus on building fundamental math skills using an evidence based online program
- Mentor, support & have fun with your student!
- 18+ years of age
- High School/GED, Associate's, or Bachelor's Degree in progress or completed
- Complete a brief interview
- Mandatory background check
- Enjoy working with kids
- Passion for the Step Up Tutoring mission
- Strong communication skills
- Comfortable using email and video communication software
- Growth Mindset
- Professional demeanor
- Strong time management skills
- Responsible and reliable
- Flexible schedule with weekday hours ranging from 7:30 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- Professional growth and development opportunities
- Opportunities for additional coaching, learning, and career exploration
- Learn new skills! All training, and materials provided
- Make a positive impact on a student’s life
About Step Up Tutoring
1424 4th St, Santa Monica, CA 90401, US
Step Up Tutoring’s mission is to drive student success in under-resourced communities by providing free online tutoring and mentorship to elementary school students. Our volunteer tutors not only offer academic support to students, but also provide valuable mentorship and social support. Our goal is to increase engagement, improve academic performance, and strengthen students’ social safety net. We are currently supporting LAUSD and AUSD students from Title I schools!
Step Up Tutoring is a California based non-profit organization seeking to close the education gap, while developing enduring bonds and cultivating academic success through fun online learning activities.
Through our partnership with LAUSD, and with the help of our dedicated volunteers, we offer free online tutoring and mentoring for students grades 3-6 to improve student success in under-resourced communities.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
November 15, 2023
- Teaching / Instruction
- Math / Science Instruction
- Reading / Writing
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours a week, for 12 weeks, around your schedule (all online)
- High School/GED, Associate's, or Bachelor's Degree (In progress or completed)