1 person is interested
Finance Coordinator - Glacier Area Special Olympics. Help support our Athletes!
ORGANIZATION: Special Olympics Montana
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
PRIMARY PURPOSE: The FinanceCoordinator manages all funds and accounts for the Area Management Team and provides basic accounting and reporting for all related financials. The Finance Coordinator creates and manages the Area budget and Financial Guidelines to ensure the fiscal health of the Area.
- Financial Oversight: Maintain all aspects of Area finance accounts (refer to SOMT Finance Policy and Reporting Procedures for complete details) including but not limited to:
- Maintenance of Area Finance Guidelines and Funds Request forms;
- Accounting and quarterly reporting to the state office and all participating teams;
- Receipt of all bills, invoices and other authorizations for payment;
- Preparation of all checks for signing (two signatures required);
- Program and other disbursements;
- Submission of all receipts to state office and maintenance of copies of Area financial files.
- Annual Budget: Create and manage Area Annual Budget -Due November 15th.
- Area Funds: Manage Area event budgets, funds requests, and reimbursements.
- Team Budgets: Distribute and collect team budgets from all Area teams annually.
- Team Funds:Manage all team budgets, accounts, funds requests, and reimbursements.
- Raffle:Assist with reconciliation of MTN/Chevy Raffle ticket sales for the AMT and local programs.
- Fundraising Reports:Work with Fundraising Coordinator to manage revenue reports.
- Meetings:Prepare a monthly financial statement for all AMT meetings and submit to Area Director 1 week prior to scheduled AMT meeting.
- Appreciation:Send thank you letters to all persons and businesses who donate to the Area.
EXPERIENCE/KNOWLEDGE:The ability to communicate effectively with others verbally, in writing and via social media. Must complete Class A volunteer application and screening process through Special Olympics Montana.
TRAINING PROVIDED: New coordinator orientation and position-specifc training provided by Special Olympics Montana staff. Ongoing training provided annually.
COMPENSATION: Smiles, hugs, and lifelong friendship! This is a volunteer, non-paid position. Allowable expense reimbursements are available.
BENEFITS: Be part of something great and help individuals with intellectual disabilities train for life through sports. Make friends, open hearts, change lives and be part of the Special Olympics movement.
About Special Olympics Montana
710 1st Ave N, Great Falls, MT 59401, US
The mission of Special Olympics is to provide year round sports training and athletic competition in a variety of Olympic type sports for children and adults with intellectual disabilities giving them continuing opportunities to develop physical fitness, demonstrate courage, experience joy and participate in a sharing of gifts, skills and friendship with their families, other Special Olympics athletes, and the community.
Special Olympics Montana is a nonprofit organization designed to provide year-round, statewide programs of physical fitness, sports training and athletic competition for children and adults with intellectual disabilities and closely related developmental disabilities.
Learn more at www.somt.org.
Glacier Area - Special OlympicsKalispell, MT 59901
June 8, 2022
- Data Entry
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Hours required will vary throughout the season. The number of hours will directly relate to the number of events held.
- Registration & paperwork required