3 people are interested
Let's reconnect! Hospice Volunteers needed in the Community.
3 people are interested
Choosing to be a hospice volunteer creates lifelong rewards. If you have ever had a loved one who has received hospice care, you may already understand the importance of the work we do. If you have not had a personal experience with hospice, you will soon learn the value provided to patients and families by our team.
Your gift of compassion brings comfort to patients and families. At Community Hospice, we work together with our volunteers to identify the role best suited for you. We provide one-on-one, intensive training to make sure you are comfortable in your position, ensuring your success and a greater impact to the patients and families we serve.
A wide variety of volunteer opportunities exist within our organization.
Direct Care Volunteers provide
- Companionship to patients visiting, talking, reading, listening to music, or simply being a quiet presence.
- Respite care allows time for family caregivers to attend appointments, special occasions or valuable self-care while the volunteer spends time with the patient.
- Practical Support volunteers assist with minor home projects such as lawn care, pet care or light housekeeping.
- Veteran to Veteran companionship, recognition and support through the We Honor Veterans Program.
- Certified Pet Therapy dogs and handlers visit facilities to provide emotional support to patients and staff.
- Licensed Reiki or Therapeutic Touch volunteers provide thoughtful companionship, active listening, and relaxation to patients and families navigating terminal illness.
- Administrative support volunteers work in the office assisting with basic clerical work, phone calls, sending cards and mailings, etc.
About Community Hospice
1836 Doctor's Drive, Sanford, NC 27330, US
Our mission is to provide the best care possible to our patients and their families. Our goal is to enrich our patient’s quality of life as their life’s journey nears its completion, and help them live those days and months free of pain.
Hospice Volunteer Program
1836 Doctor's DriveSanford, NC 27330
August 23, 2021
- Administrative Support
- Bereavement Support
- Hospice Care
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2-4 hours per week
- -Proof of Covid-19 Vaccination -No hospice or volunteer experience required -Patience -Good listening skills -Compassionate -Respectful of others customs and beliefs