Training for all of our opportunities is done in house, so no prior experience is necessary, and knowledge of the military is not required. Our positions have flexible scheduling during the hours we are open, and we are able to offer childcare and mileage reimbursements while you volunteer. We have many great opportunities to build your resume, meet new people, have fun, feel appreciated, and give back to the community! We'd love to tell you more, so don't hesitate to reach out to us today!
The general Thrift Shop Volunteer is responsible for performing a variety of tasks in NMCRS Thrift Shops. Volunteers can work in a specific area, or rotate through the broad spectrum of job areas. The work is performed under the supervision of the Thrift Shop Lead who will assign tasks on an "as needed" basis.
- Collect and sort donated items.
- Designate for disposal those items not suitable for sale.
- Price items to be sold.
- Arrange items in the sales area.
- Assist in special sales.
- Check customers out, recording purchases in log.
- Maintain cash receipts records.
- Maintain record of hours worked.
- Complete NMCRS Orientation.
- Complete Thrift Shop Training Qualification Standards Ability to work with variety of personalities, both among clients and peers.
- Ability to lift small containers weighing less than 20 lbs.
- Job satisfaction, professional contacts, and lifelong friendships.
- Opportunity to have positive impact on quality of life for NMCRS clients.
- Reimbursement for childcare, and mileage expenses.
- Opportunity to control work schedule.
- Availability of training in new skills.
- Retail / Sales
- Sales Process
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum of four hours; Maximum of 16 hours a week
- We have no weekend or evening hours available