Thrift Shop Volunteer
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
DONATE TO THIS
484 people are interested
The general Thrift Shop Volunteer is responsible for performing a variety of tasks in NMCRS Thrift Shops. Volunteers can work in a specific area, or rotate through the broad spectrum of job areas. The work is performed under the supervision of the Thrift Shop Lead who will assign tasks on an "as needed" basis.
- Collect and sort donated items.
- Designate for disposal those items not suitable for sale.
- Price items to be sold.
- Arrange items in the sales area.
- Assist in special sales.
- Check customers out, recording purchases in log.
- Maintain cash receipts records.
- Maintain record of hours worked.
- Complete NMCRS Orientation.
- Complete Thrift Shop Training Qualification Standards Ability to work with variety of personalities, both among clients and peers.
- Ability to lift small containers weighing less than 20 lbs.
- Job satisfaction, professional contacts, and lifelong friendships.
- Opportunity to have positive impact on quality of life for NMCRS clients.
- Reimbursement for childcare, and mileage expenses.
- Opportunity to control work schedule.
- Availability of training in new skills.
(After you click that you are interested you will get an e-mail from VolunteerMatch with a link to fill out our internal application. Please follow that link and complete your application. Someone will get in contact with you soon.)
We'll work with your schedule.
Naval Base San Diego3115 Dolphin AlleyBldg 270San Diego, CA 92101
- Retail / Sales
- Sales Process
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum of 4 hours per week; 16 hours a week max.
- We have no weekend or evening hours available. Background check required.