Thrift Shop Volunteer
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
DONATE TO THIS
524 people are interested
The Thrift Shop Volunteer is responsible for performing a variety of tasks in Navy-Marine Corps Relief Society (NMCRS) Thrift Shops. Volunteers can work in a specific area, or rotate through the broad spectrum of job areas. The work is performed under the supervision of the Thrift Shop Lead who will assign tasks on an "as needed" basis.
- Collect and sort donated items.
- Designate for disposal those items not suitable for sale.
- Price items to be sold.
- Arrange items in the sales area.
- Assist in special sales.
- Check customers out, recording purchases in log.
- Maintain cash receipts records.
- Maintain record of hours worked.
- Complete NMCRS Orientation.
- Complete Thrift Shop Training Qualification Standards Ability to work with variety of personalities, both among clients and peers.
- Ability to lift small containers weighing less than 20 lbs.
- No prior experience required.
- In-house training provided.
- Childcare and mileage reimbursed.
- Build your resume.
- Job satisfaction, professional contacts, and lifelong friendships.
- Opportunity to have positive impact on quality of life for NMCRS clients.
- Flexible scheduling during the hours we are open (Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays 9-1 and the 1st and 3rd Thursdays 11-4).
About Navy-Marine Corps Relief Society, San Diego
Naval Base San Diego, 3115 Dolphin Alley Bldg 270, San Diego, CA 92101, US
The mission of the Navy-Marine Corps Relief Socitey is to provide, in partnership with the Navy and Marine Corps, financial, educational, and need-based assistance to active-duty and retired Sailors and Marines, their eligible family members, and survivors.
The Navy-Marine Corps Relief Society is a private, non-profit, volunteer, service organization. As a Center of Excellence, it is committed to ensuring that all available resources are used to assist personnel of the Naval Service--active, retired, and their eligible family members-- to achieve financial self-sufficiency and find solutions to emergency needs.
We'll work with your schedule.
Naval Base San Diego Thrift ShopBldg 92(Wet Side)San Diego, CA 92101
- Retail / Sales
- Sales Process
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum of 4 hours per week; 16 hours a week max.
- We have no weekend or evening hours available. Background check required.