1 person is interested
Become a Communications Officer - No Experience Necessary!
1 person is interested
Civil Air Patrol Challenger 1 Squadron seeks an officer with a background or interest in VHF/UHF radio communications to serve as Communications Officer. Become part of the official civilian organization of the United States Air Force!
The Communications Officer is supervised by the Deputy Commander. CAPR 100-1 outlines the duties of the Communications Officers. They shall:
- Develop and implement communications plans, programs, and directives in close coordination and in support of command, operations and emergency services
- Develop communications training programs
- Monitor unit communications
- Establish programs to maintain and operate unit radio equipment
- Be willing to become an active CAP senior member
- Basic knowledge of radios or a willingness to learn
- FCC Amateur Radio Operator License
- Familiarity with CAP Emergency Services missions
About Civil Air Patrol Challenger 1 Cadet Squadron
3330 King St, Alexandria, VA 22302, US
Supporting America's communities with emergency response, diverse aviation and ground services, youth development and promotion of air, space and cyber power.
Since Civil Air Patrol’s formation during the earliest days of World War II, this vigilant organization of citizen Airmen has been committed to service to America. Founded on Dec. 1, 1941, to mobilize the nation's civilian aviation resources for national defense service, CAP has evolved into a premier public service organization that still carries out emergency service missions when needed - in the air and on the ground.As a Total Force partner and Auxiliary of the U.S. Air Force, Civil Air Patrol is there to search for and find the lost, provide comfort in times of disaster and work to keep the homeland safe. Its 60,000 members selflessly devote their time, energy and expertise toward the well-being of their communities, while also promoting aviation and related fields through aerospace/STEM education and helping shape future leaders through CAP’s cadet program.
Civil Air Patrol’s missions for America are many, and today’s adults and cadets perform their duties with the same vigilance as its founding members - preserving CAP’s 75-year legacy of service while maintaining its commitment to nearly 1,500 communities nationwide.
3330 King StAlexandria, VA 22302
September 11, 2021
- Teaching / Instruction
- Network Administration
- Basic Computer Skills
- Security / Network Administration
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- One meeting per month and participation in CAP’s Radionet every Sunday evening (~1 hr).
- Email your interest and resume to Lieutenant Chan at email@example.com.