SOCIAL MEDIA VOLUNTEER
The Social Media Volunteer helps create content and dynamic posts for Hollywood Senior Center’s Facebook, Instagram, and other platforms.
DUTIES & ACTIVITIES:
- With coordination from the Center and Activity Manager and Volunteer Program Manager create content and posting for HSC social media accounts.
- Follow and update a weekly posting plan to advertise HSC programming and happenings.
- Cultivate ideas in order to increase Hollywood Senior Center’s social media presence.
- Engage with Hollywood Senior Center’s online community
- Attend weekly meetings (in person or via Zoom) with staff and as needed
- Evaluate and adapt HSC’s social media strategy as needed
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Excitement for supporting the mission and work of Hollywood Senior Center
- Experience with multiple social media platforms including Facebook and Instagram
- Excellent written communication skills
- Technical ability to create and edit images for posts
- Familiarity with Portland area and local organizations and businesses
- Knowledge of best practices in social media
- Photography and/or videography skills are a plus
- Time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
TIME COMMITMENT: Approximately 4 hours per week on a flexible schedule
LOCATION: Most work can be done remotely
TO APPLY: Follow this link to apply: https://www.volgistics.com/ex/portal.dll/ap?ap=182140888
About Hollywood Senior Center
1820 NE 40th Ave, Portland, OR 97212, US
Founded in 1973, the Hollywood Senior Center is a not for profit committed to enriching the lives of adults 50 and older by creating opportunities for social connection, health and wellness, independence and life-long learning.
The Hollywood Senior Center is committed to providing services, information, education and recreation for seniors, families and caregivers in Multnomah County. HSC evolves in response to a growing senior population with expanding and changing needs. We envision a caring and healthy community which encourages intergenerational relationships, recognizes the wisdom and experience of its elders and demonstrates awareness and respect for the aging process.
1820 NE 40thPortland, OR 97212
August 27, 2021
- Public Relations
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Graphic Design
- Social Media / Blogging
- Reading / Writing
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Approximately 4 hours per week on a flexible schedule