We're sorry, this opportunity is no longer active.
Community for Positive Aging / Hollywood Senior Center has 1 more opportunity, please check it out.See Opportunities
3 people are interested
Deliver fans & essential supplies to help Seniors
ORGANIZATION: Community for Positive Aging / Hollywood Senior Center
Please visit the new page to apply.
3 people are interested
Help the Hollywood Senior Center/Community for Positive Aging receive and distribute food, fans, and other essential supplies to seniors in our community. This is a great opportunity to volunteer together with a partner or friend!
DUTIES & ACTIVITIES:
- Transport food, fans, or other essential supplies from Hollywood Senior Center to seniors in the Portland area using your personal vehicle. And/or pick up donations of food and other supplies and transport to Hollywood Senior Center.
- On-Call: Our biggest need is for volunteer drivers available to be on-call on weekdays to help us respond to varied needs as they arise.
- Mondays on-going: We need volunteers to pick-up a food donation in Beaverton every Monday at 2:00pm.
- Saturdays through November: We also need volunteer drivers who can commit a regular weekly or biweekly shift on Saturdays, 2:30 - 4:30pm to support our Neighborhood Gleaning produce deliveries.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Driver’s License and safe driving record
- Pass a criminal conviction background check
- High degree of reliability
- Able to lift and carry items
- Commitment to CFPA’s mission and values, including promoting diversity, equality, and inclusion
- Use of personal, insured vehicle
- Up-to-date on Covid-19 vaccination
TIME COMMITMENT: 2-4 hours a week and/or as needed.
LOCATION: Hollywood Senior Center (1820 NE 40th Ave) and Portland Area.
- Be a part of a dynamic team helping enrich the lives of older adults and residents living in affordable housing in the Portland area.
- Provide important direct service to help individuals we serve achieve healthy aging and live independently.
- Option to volunteer along with a friend or partner.
- Satisfaction of contributing your valuable time and skills to furthering CFPA’s mission.
APPLICATION: Visit our website at hollywoodseniorcenter.org or Click here to apply now: https://www.volgistics.com/ex/portal.dll/ap?AP=182140888
Or contact us at 503.288.8303 to request a volunteer application by mail.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Community for Positive Aging / Hollywood Senior Center
1820 NE 40th Ave, Portland, OR 97212, US
Community for Positive Aging is a caring and healthy organization that encourages intergenerational relationships, recognizes the wisdom and experience of its elders, and demonstrates awareness and respect for the aging process. Seniors have access to a full spectrum of services, including social, emotional, educational, and recreational opportunities appropriate to their unique needs and interests. We value, appreciate and encourage the important contributions of older adults in our community and empower people of all ages to achieve happy, healthy aging.
CFPA was founded as Hollywood Senior Center in 1973, a nonprofit committed to creating an uplifting and vibrant environment for adults 55 and older while providing a channel for intergenerational relationships and learning. In July 2021, HSC expanded by absorbing The Giving Tree, another not-for-profit organization, committed to providing residential services to people living in affordable housing, including access to culturally-specific food, throughout Portland; merger of these two organizations form CFPA.
Hollywood Senior Center1820 NE 40th AvePortland, OR 97212
May 20, 2022
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- Customer Service
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2-4 hours per week or on-call