14 people are interested
Become our ambassador
14 people are interested
AMBASSADOR ROLE DESCRIPTION ROLE:
As an Ambassador, you will be part of our network, playing a key role in raising awareness of the Casey Foundation work; and in leading different fundraising initiatives. This is a voluntary role which involves:
- inspiring people to support the foundation.
- educating people about what we do.
- increasing the geographical reach of the foundation.
What would we like our Ambassadors to do?
- Organise local fundraising events, ensuring that all donations and expressions of interest in fundraising and volunteering are worked on with the help of the team.
- Deliver engaging talks about the work of the foundation using presentation materials and case studies supplied by the foundation.
- Use social media to contribute to the online presence of the Casey Foundation.
- Encourage practices and businesses to support the Casey Foundation.
This role suits you if you:
- Have good communication skills.
- Have an interest in charitable giving and fundraising.
- Are interested in working with other volunteers.
- Are able to build and maintain strong interpersonal relationships.
- Are proactive with a positive, enthusiastic attitude.
The benefits to you
- A sense of satisfaction and pride for helping to make a valuable difference within the community.
- Personal development training through gaining experience.
- Experience working for social causes.
- Meet new people.
- Invitation to the annual Ambassador meetup event.
- Recognition of your contribution on the foundation website and a certificate of appreciation from the Casey Foundation.
Who are we looking for to be an Ambassador?
We are looking for people who:
- are passionate about the cause (Ending child marriage and teenage pregnancy, meeting the needs of married girls)
- have existing links and networks or can build links and networks.
- have good communication and organisational skills.
- are confident in approaching practices to support our work.
- are willing to ask different audiences to support Casey Foundation through fundraising or volunteering.
How much time commitment is involved?
We would suggest a minimum of 3 hours per month and a minimum of six month commitment to the role.
About Casey Foundation
Master Wood Plaza, Ndeeba., Masaka Road, Kampala, Central Uganda, UG
The Casey Foundation was founded in 2020. We are a not-for-profit organization that advocates for protecting and safeguarding female adolescents against child marriages and teenage pregnancies. We believe that ending child marriage and adolescent pregnancies will remove a significant barrier to global progress and ensure a world where girls look forward to their future. We aim to build a lot in which all girls have the opportunity to reach significant heights.
FORMATION OF CASEY FOUNDATION
The organisation was founded and incorporated in 2020 following a story that aired on NBS TV, a local television station on 6th June 2020 in Lwanda village, Luuka district in Eastern Uganda where a 13 year old pupil of primary five got pregnant and in her narration said," the man bought me a bottle of soda, a cake, gave me 2000 UGX (less than 1 USD) and promised to buy me a dress. I had sex with him, I conceived and now thinking of abortion but life is hard." This formed Casey Formation.
To see a world free of child marriages and teenage pregnancies where girls live to their full potential.
To fight and end child marriages and teenage pregnancies through education, skilling, advocacy, mentorship, and empowerment for young vulnerable girls to attain their full potential.
1. To educate and rally parents and community members about child marriage and teenage pregnancy.
2. To encourage enforcement of supportive laws and policies against child marriage and teenage pregnancy.
3. To empower girls with information, skills, and support networks.
4. To enhance girls' access to high-quality education through providing economic support and incentives to them and their families.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
September 24, 2021
- Content Management Systems
- Grant Writing / Research
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Must be at least 18
- 3 hours per month
- No criminal record