DONATE TO THIS
2 people are interested
Join Habitat East Bay/Silicon Valley as an AmeriCorps Volunteer Coordinator!
DONATE TO THIS
2 people are interested
Habitat for Humanity East Bay/Silicon Valley brings people together to build homes, communities and hope. We revitalize neighborhoods, build affordable and sustainable housing solutions, and empower families through successful homeownership.
As a Volunteer Coordinator, you will gain real world experience while making a tangible difference in the community! The Volunteer Coordinator’s primary goals are to recruit volunteers and manage the flow of volunteers to our projects.
Volunteer Coordinator, AmeriCorps National
Positions Available: 2
Duration: 1700 service hours over approximately 11 months; Monday - Friday / 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM, Occasional evenings and weekends
Reports to: Volunteer Programs Manager
Location: This position is will be based out of our Oakland and Milpitas office.
Coordinate and grow Habitat for Humanity East Bay/Silicon Valley’s (HEBSV) volunteer resources at our job sites to meet the needs of an expanding affiliate. The Volunteer Coordinator’s primary goals are to recruit volunteers and manage the flow of volunteers to our projects.
PROGRAM DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure individuals and groups are scheduled and coordinated in a timely and professional manner.
- Serve as a resource for, and respond to inquiries from, potential, current, and past volunteers. The Volunteer Coordinator will frequently be the first point of contact for persons inquiring about HEBSV.
- Promote general volunteer opportunities to faith, corporate, and civic communities. Assist with the development and implementation of a recruitment plan to meet affiliate and program needs.
- Engage new and on-going volunteers through recruitment, scheduling, orientation, coordination, and/or supervision to ensure that each volunteer has a productive and rewarding experience.
- Coordinate, assist, and implement special projects.
- Help HEBSV staff to identify and develop new volunteer opportunities and positions.
- Assist with outreach and speaking engagements on behalf of the HEBSV. Attend and assist with HEBSV events.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience leading, supervising, scheduling, and/or coordinating volunteers.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to represent HEBSV professionally in the community.
- Ability to maintain effective relationships with volunteers and HEBSV staff and board members.
- Experience working in a team environment.
- Strong computer skills and ability to learn new software and database systems quickly.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
This is an AmeriCorps National Direct position. To learn more about AmeriCorps, please visit www.americorps.gov. Habitat AmeriCorps commit to 11 months of full-time service and receive the following benefits:
- Living allowance $16,300 for approximately 10 ½ months of service.
- Segal Education Award of $6,345, upon successful completion of service.
- Health care benefits and enrollment in Employee Assistance Plan.
- Personal and medical leave - approximately 10 days total.
- Possible forbearance or deferment of qualified student loans.
- Child care benefits, if you qualify.
- Worker’s compensation insurance.
- Due to the high cost of living in the Bay Area, Habitat EBSV provides a minimum $1000 monthly rental stipend to supplement living costs. Members who have formerly served with a Habitat affiliate may be eligible for an additional rental and/or educational stipend.
Learn more about Habitat East Bay/East Bay Silicon Valley at: http://www.habitatebsv.org/About/Job-Opportunities
To apply: Please email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with "AmeriCorps Volunteer Coordinator" in the subject line. Review posting at: www.habitatebsv.org/about/job-opportunities
Please note that acceptance into the program is subject to official position approval, a background check prior to start and applicant approval from Habitat for Humanity International.
Habitat for Humanity East Bay/Silicon Valley brings people together to build homes, communities and hope. We revitalize neighborhoods, build affordable and sustainable housing solutions, and empower families through successful homeownership. Since 1986, we have partnered with volunteers, the community, and qualified families with limited incomes to strengthen communities in Alameda, Contra Costa, and Santa Clara Counties.
About Habitat for Humanity East Bay/Silicon Valley
2619 Broadway, Oakland, CA 94612, US
Habitat for Humanity brings people together to build homes, communities and hope. We believe in a world where everyone has a decent place to live.
Habitat for Humanity East Bay/Silicon Valley revitalizes neighborhoods, builds affordable and sustainable housing solutions, and empowers families through successful homeownership. Since 1986, we have partnered with volunteers, the community, and qualified families with limited incomes to strengthen communities in Alameda, Contra Costa, and Santa Clara Counties.
2619 BroadwayOakland, CA 94612
July 30, 2021
- Customer Service
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
- Resource Development / Management
- Must be at least 18