4 people are interested
Marketing Communications - Writer
4 people are interested
Writing Internship or Volunteer
Orange County-based nonprofit is looking for a writer to help us help people transition out of homelessness. We want someone who can inspire with succinct writing that speaks to the target audience. This position could be an internship for a college student, a returnship for a person who needs to update their portfolio or a part-time gig for a retired writer looking to give back to the community. We want grammar nerds, wordsmiths, and talented folks who can crush it with a keyboard or quill (if that is your thing). For this position, we are looking for someone who has a passion for writing, an interest in working as part of a marketing communications team, and a really great attitude.
Other Stuff on Our Wish List:
- Ability to write and edit storytelling content for web, newsletters, literature, ads, and grant applications and maybe a press release or two.
- Amazing written communications skills and grammar aficionado.
- Meticulous and detail-oriented proofreader.
- Ability to complete weekly writing assignments.
- Proficiency in Google Suite a plus but not required.
This internship is part-time. There is no monetary compensation but you will be doing a good deed for your community. We offer the ability to work from home and will work with your school schedule. Please email the following materials to email@example.com
- Cover letter (this is where you get to explain your interest in the position and why think you'd be a good fit for this position)
- 3 writing samples
About HOMELESS INTERVENTION SERVICES OF ORANGE COUNTY
907 N BRADFORD AVE, PLACENTIA, CA 92870, US
Homeless Intervention Services of Orange County support people to overcome homelessness and achieve independence.
HIS-OC has become a refuge for our residents, a safe place where homeless individuals and families can turn their lives around and move towards a life of long-lasting hope and self-sufficiency. Since inception in 1989, HIS-OC has provided safe shelter and supportive services for more than 4,500 homeless men, women, and children.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
August 26, 2021
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Public Relations
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Social Media / Blogging
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- We would like 5-10 hours a week.