Learning & Development Administrative Assistant
Target Staff Type Supported/Volunteer
Work Location JAARS Waxhaw
Training requires significant administrative and logistical support. This position offers the opportunity to engage in a wide variety of tasks in support of Bible translation.
- Serve as Administrative Assistant to the Learning and Development (L&D) Associate Director and the L&D Director
- Complete other tasks as needed to accomplish L&D's mission and goals
- Handle many department processes which could include some or all of the following: organize videos and photos, process emails, update calendars, update training manuals, type documents, update L&D website, keep the office clean and organized
- Coordinate logistics for L&D training events which could include, but is not limited to, processing room/food reservations, purchasing meal tickets, printing documents and packing/unpacking training supplies
- Monitor registration of participants as requested, including communicating with them before and after training events
- Make travel and lodging arrangements for training events
- Possibility of helping facilitate training events, based on interest, ability and ongoing training
- A deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal spiritual growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission and core values of JAARS
- Complete application and interviews with L&D department
- Receive on-the-job training for all job responsibilities listed, as well as other training required by L&D, such as assigned reading, Learning that Lasts (LtL) workshop, COACH training, other
- Demonstrate positive people and team skills
- Good communication skills
- Demonstrate adequate computer skills
- Cross-cultural experience is helpful but not required
7405 Jaars Rd, PO Box 248, WAXHAW, NC 28173, US
JAARS' mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media and training.
JAARS is a multidisciplinary team of problem-solvers who is committed to the belief and the vision that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
We are a community of missionaries, volunteers and a few employees who work together to accomplish the Great Commission goal of providing Scripture to every people group on earth in the language they understand best - their native language. We do that by supporting Bible translation and language development partners globally and by working with prayer and financial partners in the United States to help make a range of unique on-the-field solutions possible.
JAARS7405 Jaars RdWaxhaw, NC 28173
August 10, 2021
- Office Reception
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Data Entry
- People 55+