Please visit the new page to apply.
Target Staff Type Supported/Volunteer
Work Location JAARS Waxhaw
FTE 0.200 8 hours per week (Negotiable)
Become an ambassador for JAARS by highlighting to the visiting public the various ways JAARS makes Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote places on earth. Share stories and guide guests around portions of the center so that they hear about and see the amazing services that are provided and discover how people can become involved.
Serve as an ambassador as you share with guests how JAARS impacts Bible translation.
- Learn and know the background needed to represent JAARS (not partner organizations)
- Gather and be able to share stories related to Transportation, Technology, Training and Media
- Be able to explain the relationship between JAARS, Wycliffe and SIL
- Provide an informative, two-hour intro and walking tour that touches on JAARS history, highlights current services and challenges guests to become involved
- Distribute materials, gather completed response cards and report numbers
- Remain current on services through reading JAARS publications and attending Center Meetings
- Assist with the movement and supervision of large groups between designated areas at special events
- Assist at JAARS Days
- A deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal spiritual growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission and core values of JAARS
- Good communication skills
- Enjoy meeting and greeting people
- Neat and well groomed
- Understand the importance of public relations
- Ability to operate the tour electronics (primarily DVD player and projector)
- Complete the Tour Departments training period
7405 Jaars Rd, PO Box 248, WAXHAW, NC 28173, US
Our Vision is that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language. Our Mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth. We do that by enabling locally-appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media, and training.
JAARS is a multidisciplinary team of problem-solvers committed to the belief--and the vision--that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
We are a community of full-time missionaries, dedicated volunteers, and a few employees who work together to accomplish the Great Commission goal of providing Scripture to every people group on earth in a language and form they clearly understand. We do that by supporting Bible translation and language development partners globally, and by working with prayer and financial partners in the United States to help make a range of unique on-the-field solutions possible.
7405 JAARS RoadWaxhaw, NC 28173
August 2, 2022
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+