1 person is interested
Fundraising and Special Projects Intern/Volunteer for Nonprofit
1 person is interested
Conversations to Remember is a 501C3 nonprofit working to relieve feelings of loneliness and isolation among senior citizens. Our charity matches students with senior citizens (including those with dementia) for weekly virtual visits. Our goal is to put a smile on the faces of senior citizens, creating a bridge between seniors and youth.
We’re looking for bright, dynamic self-starters with a marketing, public relations, or business background. This internship/volunteer position is part-time with a flexible start date and work schedule - minimum of 15 hours per week required. The position is unpaid; college credit is available. Position is remote.
- Help develop and implement a fundraising campaign
- Help design a national virtual fundraiser event to take place in September
- Design and implement marketing strategies
- Design event page on website
- Experience or coursework in marketing, nonprofits, event planning and/or business development
- Knowledge of WordPress a plus
- Careful attention to detail
- Strong grammar and editing skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Hard working self-starter who takes initiative
- All applicants must be either a college student or have graduated from an accredited college
About Conversations To Remember
81 Windsor Drive, Pine Brook, NJ 07058, US
Connecting high school and college students with residents in assisted living communities to combat the epidemic of loneliness. Putting a smile on the faces of seniors, including those experiencing cognitive decline, creating a bridge between seniors and youth.
High School & College Students: Once a week 2 or 3 students engage in a video call with a senior citizen who is in an assisted living facility. Most of the residents that we are working with have some form of cognitive decline. The calls last about an hour, and we have 2 or 3 students doing it together. During the virtual visit, students don't have to be physically together, they can each be on their own device.
For more information, and to submit an interest form, go to www.ConversationsToRemember.org
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
September 20, 2021
- Business Development
- Community Outreach
- Minimum of 15 hours per week at least through the summer.