7 people are interested
7 people are interested
About the Organization
The Institute for Criminal Justice Training Reform (The Institute) is the only nonprofit organization in the United States addressing criminal justice reform by focusing on law enforcement education. The Institute uses evidence-based research and advocacy to advance the quality of criminal justice delivery, prevent harm, and produce better outcomes across all communities.
The Institute is looking for a talented Videographer to assist in the creation of engaging and informative video content for our website and social channels. The Videographer will help develop and produce creative content tailored to raise the organization’s public profile, influence, and reach. The role reports to the Director of Communications and will be an integral part of the Institute’s creative team. As the Institute continues its rapid growth, the Videographer work closely with the Director and the Communications team, as well as across the organization, to prepare the Institute for success at its future scale.
To that end, the Videographer will help develop and execute a video strategy to establish the Institute as the leading authority on law enforcement training reform, promote its mission, increase awareness, and support the Institute’s development goals.
- Develop effective and impactful video content
- Develop creative strategies to support goals of awareness, advocacy, fundraising, and education
- Assist in content for campaigns in collaboration with current initiatives to promote events & achievements through social and digital channels;
- Edit and shoot videos to educate those regarding the dangers of poor training;
- Stay up-to-date on current events relating to the Institute’s work, and identify high-impact opportunities to increase the visibility of the Institute’s mission and work, positioning it as a thought leader.
- Collaborate quickly and effectively with Enterprise stakeholders and the Director of Communications to create content in moments of breaking news.
- Bachelor’s degree in Fine Arts, Communications, Marketing, Film/Video, Production, or related field from an accredited college or university;
- Equivalent experience in lieu of degree.
- Three or more years of progressive experience in video production
- Excellent video production and editing skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to distill complex content and translate it into simple and compelling video content.
- Understanding of video content trends and best practices are key.
- Ability to work confidently and calmly around breaking news and sensitive subjects is a must.
- Strong time management and organization.
- Demonstrated ability to problem-solve and work to optimize existing processes, and the resourcefulness to innovate and conceptualize opportunities not defined by existing processes.
The Institute has a global workforce and the role is fully remote.
This is an outstanding volunteer opportunity for a highly motivated professional to assume a pivotal role in the evolution of a fast-growing, highly respected organization.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please send a brief note with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the position title in the subject line of your communication.
About The Institute for Criminal Justice Training Reform
15514 South Western Avenue, Suite D, Gardena, CA 90249, US
Our mission is to save lives and reduce injury among the public and the police by reforming the deeply inadequate, antiquated, and flawed training models, policies and procedures and legislative standards for employees in the United States' Criminal Justice System particularly those with the power to arrest, detain, commit and kill.
Our work provides advocacy, research, analysis, training, policy and curricula recommendations to support legislative and training changes.
We collaborate with partners in law enforcement, academics, medical professionals, policy and legislative analysts, civic organizations and community groups to improve law enforcement training on federal, state and local levels.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
August 29, 2021
- Online Flash/Video Production
- Video Production
- This is a project-based opportunity, with an estimated time commitment of a few hours per month, as needed.