Would You Like to Visit Hospice Patients?
What does it take to be a Kindred Hospice Volunteer?
- The desire to give your time, talents and heart in support of hospice patients and their families.
- Be at least 18 years of age to volunteer directly with patients.
- Application, reference check, background check, fingerprinting, drug screening, and TB test (all at no cost).
- Comprehensive hospice volunteer orientation and annual training.
- Must be able to transport self to and from patient home; may not be dropped off.
Volunteers provide friendly, non-medical visits to hospice patients in their homes; involves no hands-on care.
Types of patient care might include:
- Providing companionship
- Providing caregiver relief
- Reading, playing cards, or playing games
- Conducting life review
- Performing/playing music
- Creating art/doing crafts directly with the patient
Scheduling is flexible; generally 1-2 hours, once or twice a week. All visits take place in patient home.
For more information, please contact Sigrid Newbury, Volunteer Coordinator, at (386) 597-6306 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest in being a Kindred Hospice Volunteer!
About Kindred Hospice-Daytona Beach
1717 N Clyde Morris Blvd., Suite 130, Daytona Beach, FL 32117, US
The mission of Kindred At Home - Hospice Division is to honor life and offer compassion to individuals and their families when facing a life-limiting illness.
Kindred Hospice serves patients in their homes, whether it be their private homes, assisted living facilities, or nursing homes.
Multiple locations Daytona Beach, FL 32114
August 16, 2021
- Hospice Care
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible to your schedule.
- Dependability! Patient-focused, reliable, honest.