Do You Want to Help Hospice Patients?
What does it take to be a Kindred Hospice Volunteer?
- The desire to give your time, talents and heart in support of hospice patients and their families.
- Be at least 18 years of age to volunteer directly with patients.
- Application, background check, fingerprinting, drug screening, and TB test (all at no cost).
- Comprehensive hospice volunteer orientation and annual training.
- Must be able to transport self to and from patient home; may not be dropped off.
Volunteers provide friendly, non-medical visits to hospice patients in their homes; involves no hands-on care.
Types of patient care might include:
- Providing companionship
- Providing caregiver relief
- Reading, playing cards, or playing games
- Conducting life review
- Performing/playing music
- Creating art/doing crafts directly with the patient
Scheduling is flexible; generally 1-2 hours, once or twice a week.
For more information, please contact Sigrid Newbury, Volunteer Coordinator, at (386) 597-6306 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest in being a Kindred Hospice Volunteer!
About Kindred Hospice - Palm Coast
4861 Palm Coast Parkway NW, Unit 3, Palm Coast, FL 32137, US
The mission of Kindred At Home - Hospice Division is to honor life and offer compassion to individuals and their families when facing a life-limiting illness.
Kindred Hospice serves patients in their homes whether it be their private homes, assisted living facilities or skilled nursing facilities.
Multiple locations Ormond Beach, FL 32174
August 12, 2021
- Counseling / Mental Health
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1-2 hours, once or twice a week.
- Must be able to transport self to and from patient homes; drop off not permitted.