14 people are interested
Nature Camp Counselor -- Volunteer -- Bernardsville, NJ
ORGANIZATION: New Jersey Audubon Society
Please visit the new page to apply.
14 people are interested
NJ Audubon's Scherman Hoffman Wildlife Sanctuary is looking for enthusiastic candidates to serve as Nature Camp Counselors, a volunteer position. The Nature Camp Counselor assists the summer camp program staff by working directly with young children in an outdoor learning environment.
- Assist instructors in providing a fun and educational experience for campers, which have a strong focus on awareness and respect for the natural work
- Support campers and staff by preparing for activities such as outdoor exploration, games, and crafts
- Assist with daily setup and breakdown of all program aspects including all cleaning procedures related to COVID-19 health and safety protocols
- Under supervision, lead special camp activities and programs as appropriate
- Attend required NJ Audubon camp orientation
- Participate with Center staff and volunteers to adopt a "team" approach towards daily operations at the Center
- Occasionally be in leadership roles with children and youth
About New Jersey Audubon Society
11 Hardscrabble Rd., Bernardsville, NJ 07924, US
The New Jersey Audubon Society (New Jersey Audubon) is one of the oldest and largest conservation organizations in New Jersey. New Jersey Audubon helps to habitat and wildlife through New Jersey's forests and farms, coasts and wetlands, and cities and towns. New Jersey Audubon's mission is twofold: connecting people with nature and stewarding the nature of today for the people of tomorrow.
In order to achieve its purpose, New Jersey Audubon, through its Board of Directors, professional staff, members, and volunteers, endeavors to:
- Develop, encourage, and support sound conservation practices, programs, and legislation.
- Disseminate information on the natural environment through education programs, information services, and publications.
- Advance knowledge of New Jersey's flora and fauna, and their relationships to the habitats on which they depend, through field research.
- Acquire, establish, and maintain wildlife sanctuaries and educational centers.
New Jersey Audubon maintains stewardship of 34 sanctuaries and conducts its programs through nine staffed facilities.
SCHERMAN HOFFMAN WILDLIFE SANCTUARY11 HARDSCRABBLE RDBERNARDSVILLE, NJ 07924
March 3, 2022
- Environmental Education
- Environmental Science
- People Skills
- Outdoor Recreation
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Must commit at least one week of summer camp plus NJ Audubon camp orientation
- Enjoy working with children & youth; ; excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to relate to a diverse group of people; able to accept direction and constructive feedback; must have reliable transportation