International Humanitarian Law Basic Level Instructor (Virtual) - Northern Ohio
- Purpose International Humanitarian Law (IHL) is the body of law that applies during times of armed conflict and seeks to protect persons who are not or are no longer participating in the armed conflict and to restrict the means and methods of warfare. Basic Level Instructors are able to deliver basic level IHL content within their region. Basic level IHL content includes, the Even War has Rules class, and other content approved by the SAF Region Lead. Basics can present Intermediate Level content, providing they are doing so as a co-instructor with an Intermediate or Expert level instructor. The Red Cross IHL Team at National Headquarters (NHQ) will create and distribute content to the Instructors while the Regions will provide supervision, logistical support and planning. Instructors will coordinate all instruction and content delivery with their Regional SAF Lead to plan, facilitate and report IHL outreach and classes. Basics should be active year-round and coordinate with their SAF Region Lead and other IHL Instructors working in their regions to make sure that IHL programs are getting a wide distribution throughout their region. The NHQ IHL Team is responsible for initial training of Basics, with follow on instruction conducted by the SAF Region Lead or other IHL instructors within the region. The NHQ IHL Team will support Instructors and SAF Region Leads with continuing IHL education and assistance in delivering IHL content to their region.
- Complete the Basic Level Instructor certification course.
- Coordinate with SAF Regional Lead to plan trainings and presentations in the Instructor's region.
- Facilitate presentations to the interested individuals (those looking for an introduction to IHL or are curious how the American Red Cross works with IHL).
- After the presentation report attendance and responses by attendees within the IHL reporting system and to the SAF Regional Lead.
- Communicate as necessary with the NHQ IHL Team.
- Conduct self-study in IHL areas to deepen knowledge and skills.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Time Commitment * Commit 10-12 hours a month to plan, facilitate, and report IHL outreach and classes within their region.
About American Red Cross - Northeast Ohio Region
3747 Euclid Ave., Cleveland, OH 44115, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether itﾒs one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
August 25, 2021
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training