Event & Meeting Planning Intern
Event & Meeting Planning Intern
ORGANIZATION INFO:RAMP's mission is to build an inclusive community that encourages individuals with disabilities to reach their full potential. We take a creative approach to find resources and opportunities available to team up with individuals with disabilities to access the community where we live, work, and play. We have this knowledge because the majority of our staff and board of directors have disabilities. RAMP also advocates for the implementation of current laws, promotion of needed legislation and improvement of existing systems for people with disabilities while working to diminish negative attitudes that threaten to impede equal access.
PURPOSE OF INTERN: The Event and Meeting Planning Intern assists with all aspects and logistics related to special events and meeting planning for both fundraising purposes and organizational meetings such as board meetings, staff meetings, support groups, staff retreats, etc.
EXPERIENCE GAINED: This is an unpaid internship, however; the intern will learn how an event is planned from start to finish including guest invite lists, database management, event promotion, and outreach, room layouts, AV equipment needs, accessibility accommodations, vendor contracts, setup/tear down, menu prep, guest relations/hospitality, event follow up, and more.
POSITION PARAMETERS: Reports directly to the Development Director while working as part of a larger team to implement the projects in coordination with the marketing, event planning, and programming staff and volunteers. Mileage and expenses reimbursed.
- Currently working on a Bachelors Degree in a field related to the positions job activities, or, equivalent education and work experience;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to present information in a clear, concise manner;
- Literacy in computer applications including word processing excel, and database management;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks while maintaining deadlines;
- Professional manner in dress and when interacting with others both inside and outside of the organization;
- Reliable transportation;
- Good team working skills;
- Personal experience and/or intimate knowledge of disabilities
- Strong desire to see the Independent Living Philosophy carried out in the community.
START-END DATES OF INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITIES APPLY BY:
Summer 2021 Internship June 10, 2021
Fall 2021 Internship July 15, 2021
Spring 2022 Internship November 1, 2021
Intern must be willing to work a minimum of 10 hours per week, max of 30 hours per week in the office with opportunities to work remotely.
HOW TO APPLY:
Send resume and letter of interest to HR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 815-968-7612.
202 Market Street, Rockford, IL 61107, US
Building an inclusive community that encourages individuals with disabilities to reach their full potential.
A non-profit, non-residential Center for Independent Living that offers a full continuum of services for individuals with disabilities. Any age, any disability so they can live, learn, work and play in the four counties we serve Boone, DeKalb, Stephenson and Winnebago.
202 Market StreetRockford, IL 61107
August 17, 2021
- Event Planning / Management
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Minimum of 10 hours a week up to 30 hours per week