12 people are interested
ORGANIZATION: Shark Stewards
Please visit the new page to apply.
12 people are interested
Event Planning Experience Required
The Event Planner/Coordinator will work as part of a team to plan events, both physical and virtual, for Shark Stewards. As a part of the Operations team, the volunteer will be responsible for the ideation, promotion, and implementation of events working with other teams as necessary. This opportunity can be done either virtually or in the Bay Area.
- Coordinate events from planning, determining resource needs, pre-event marketing, event day coordination, to post-event follow up.
- Organize volunteers and internal resources.
- Update the calendar of events and adhere to timelines.
- Communicate and collaborate within the Operations and Marketing Team to promote and publicize the event.
- Produce post-event reports on the effectiveness of each event.
- Develop promotional content as requested for platforms such as news, social media, and the website.
- Previous event planning experience required
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- Creative and innovative thinker who can develop ways to build and promote content.
- Ability to manage multiple projects independently
- Cooperative and flexible in a changing environment, with the ability to make recommendations for improvements, and receive feedback.
About Shark Stewards
2250 Allston Way Suite 460, Berkeley, CA 94704, US
Restoring ocean health by saving sharks and protecting critical marine habitat.
Shark Stewards employs education, science and media to gain public support and advocate policy for shark conservation and marine protected areas.
We are leading the effort to educate and establish marine protected areas and ban the shark fin trade in North America, and are expanding across the Pacific into Asia with our Pacific Shark Alliance.
At home we are helping rstore habitat in the San Francisco Bay, and keeping the Bay clean through our beach clean ups in the National Parks waterfront in San Francisco.
Based in San Francisco, Shark Stewards is a project of The Earth Island Institute, an environmentalist think tank founded by David Brower and a 501c3 non-profit.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
March 10, 2022
- Event Planning / Management
- Critical Thinking
- People Skills
- Project Management
- People 55+
- 2-4 hours per week. Additional availability at time of events may be requested.