DONATE TO THIS
11 people are interested
ORGANIZATION: International Ocean Film Festival
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
11 people are interested
The International Ocean Film Festival (IOFF) is seeking an experienced Creative Director.
At IOFF, we are united by a passion to protect our oceans, and we believe that the power of film is one of the best ways to bring people together and create change. The International Ocean Film Festival is dedicated to restoring, protecting and balancing ocean biodiversity through independent film.
Are you a Creative Director/Art Director with 15+ years of ad agency experience on global/national brands across traditional, digital, web, social channels? Are you an avid Scuba Diver/Snorkeler? Are you genuinely passionate and knowledgeable about current ocean issues? Craving creative freedom? You’ll help us evolve our brand across TV, Radio, OOH, Print, Wild Postings, Web Site, e-Newsletter, Sponsor/Donor packets, Social Media Content (just to kick off), Posters, Direct Mailers, and anything else we deem effective for our org. Intrigued? Let’s talk.
About the International Ocean Film Festival
Launched in 2004, the International Ocean Film Festival is the leading Bay Area ocean destination event of the year and the premier global film festival with a focus on ocean inspired films. The IOFF is a year-round ocean conservation organization, with a flagship four-day film festival held annually in March at Cowell Theater in Fort Mason, along the northern waterfront of the Bay. The event features more than 50 independent films from around the world, visiting filmmakers, special guests, panel discussions and opportunities to engage with Ocean Hero Community Partners throughout the weekend. In addition, the IOFF hosts special screenings throughout the year and hosted its first virtual film festival in August 2020. The film festival strives to engage the next generation of ocean conservationists by offering a Free Student Education Program and an International Student Film Competition for middle school and high schools students.
- 15+ years advertising agency experience with a focus on global/national brands
- You are highly conceptual, strategic, and will check any ego at the door
- Must have: Broadcast, web, digital, social, unconventional experience
- Desired: Certified and active Scuba Diver or active free diver or snorkeler
- Must have: Knowledgeable about current ocean issues or sincere desire to learn
- Help evolve the Brand Standards and Style Guide
- Help ensure a consistent look and feel across all creative deliverables
- You’re motivated. You want to be here. In your heart, this is your passion project
- You love type. You love photography. And you’re excited to work with the stunning photos/films we must work with.
- You’re proactive and collaborative, aligned with the Creative Director (Copy) and a mid-level Art Director
- Expert level skills with full Adobe Creative Suite
- Nice, but not a deal-breaker: Web Design, motion graphics, animation
- You have a portfolio site
About International Ocean Film Festival
Tides Thoreau Center, 1007 General Kennedy Drive #205, San Francisco, CA 94129, US
The mission of the International Ocean Film Festival is to be the premier global platform for ocean literacy and education through independent film.
The International Ocean Film Festival (IOFF), is the first and largest film festival focused on the ocean in the world.
As a year-round ocean conservation organization the IOFF produces a four-day in person film and lecture event that promotes awareness around the health of our oceans, and call to actions to protect it. Film programs include award winning independent films of all genres, on stage discussions with filmmakers and content experts, creating a unique public forum on the environmental, social, and cultural importance of the ocean's ecosystems, habitats and its resources. The IOFF has four main pillars to fulfill its mission: the main Film Festival, the Free Student Education Program, the Student Film Competition and the Traveling Program.
IOFF will be celebrating it's 20th Anniversary on April 13-16, 2023 at Fort Mason Center for Arts & Culture in San Francisco, CA. With an expected attendance of 5,000 people, the IOFF serves as a beacon of hope and conversation for ocean lovers of all ages.
1007 General Kennedy Drive, Suite 205The PresidioThoreau Center for SustainabilitySan Francisco, CA 94129
August 26, 2022
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Graphic Design / Print
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Deadline oriented work, some weekends and evenings might be necessary. All work can be done remotely.