Kindred Hospice Volunteers Needed for Home Companionship
Kindred Hospice - Palm Coast is seeking volunteers to provide companionship to patients in their homes. Requirements:
- Be at least 18 years of ageto volunteer directly with patients.
- Application, reference check, background check, fingerprinting, drug screening, and TB test (all at no cost!!)
- Hospice volunteer orientation and annual training.
- Must be able to transport self to and from patient home; may not be dropped off.
Volunteers provide friendly, non-medical visits to hospice patients in their homes; involves no hands-on care.
Types of direct care might include:
- Caregiver relief
- Reading, playing cards, or playing games
- Conducting life review
- Performing/playing music
- Arts/crafts with patient
Scheduling is flexible; generally 1-2 hours, once or twice a week. All visits take place in patient home.
For more information, please respond to this ad or contact our volunteer coordinator at (386) 597-6306.
Thank you for your interest in being a Kindred Hospice Volunteer!
About Kindred Hospice - Palm Coast
4861 Palm Coast Parkway NW, Unit 3, Palm Coast, FL 32137, US
The mission of Kindred At Home - Hospice Division is to honor life and offer compassion to individuals and their families when facing a life-limiting illness.
Kindred Hospice serves patients in their homes whether it be their private homes, assisted living facilities or skilled nursing facilities.
Multiple locations Palm Coast, FL 32135
August 12, 2021
- Elder care
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Mental Health
- Hospice Care
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible to schedule; most volunteers volunteer 1-2 hours, once or twice a week.
- Must be able to transport self to patient home; may not be dropped off and picked up.