Bring Meals & Connection to Seniors in Hillsborough!
Purpose of the Position: Distribute hot food to neighbors who can no longer leave home or cook for themselves. You are providing so much more than the meal. You support the critical human connection that makes sure seniors have a friendly visit and watchful eye - ensuring they are not left alone or forgotten.
Work Location: 18 pick-up sites in Hillsborough County.
Responsibilities and Duties: Pick up food at the drop-off point and deliver hot food in a designated route.
Qualifications: Drivers must be 18 years of age, have an automobile and a valid driver’s license, proof of auto insurance and agree to a simple background screening.
About Seniors in Service of Tampa Bay, Inc.
1306 West Sligh Ave., Tampa, FL 33604, US
Seniors in Service of Tampa Bay provides solutions to community challenges by engaging volunteers aged 55+
Programs Offered Through Seniors in Service:
Foster Grandparent Program (FGP)
- The Foster Grandparent Program recruits senior volunteers (55+) to go into schools and after-school programs to mentor at-risk and special needs children and provide them with one-on-one, individualized attention
Senior Companion Program (SCP)
- The Senior Companion Program recruits senior volunteers (55+) to go into the homes of homebound, elderly clients and provide them with companionship and assistance.
Retired Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP)
- The RSVP Program recruits senior volunteers(55+) to participate more fully in the life of the community through volunteer service. The program matches the considerable wealth of knowledge, skills, and experience of this vital and rapidly growing age group with the addressing of critical needs and unresolved issues in our community.
Operation Veteran Connect
- Provides companionship to veterans, enabling them to live independently. Supports the VA in supporting providing Whole Health support to veterans.
Seniors in Service values diversity. Individuals of all races, ethnicities, ages, gender and/or those with disabilities are encouraged to engage with our organization.
Multiple locations Tampa, FL 33606
September 10, 2021
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- You chose flexible days. M-F. 3-4 hours per shift.
- Training: Volunteer Orientations are held on select Fridays in the morning.