Director of Donations
Carboncopies Foundation for Substrate Independent Minds INC
At the Carboncopies Foundation, we believe that the possibilities and opportunities enabled by Whole Brain Emulation (WBE) represent the most promising technological path to overcoming our fundamental limitations as a species.
To achieve WBE, essential advances are needed in neurobiology, neurophysiology, brain imaging, micro- and nanoscale technologies, computational neuroscience, computing hardware, and even the philosophy of mind. We provide peer networks and project opportunities to scientists working on challenges critical to whole brain emulation and recognize that there is a long road ahead of us.
We are looking for a Donations Director to lead the Carboncopies Foundation’s (CCF’s) donations efforts. You will work alongside our Grants Director, who is responsible for all work related to applying for different grants. Your role will be to focus on other areas where CCF might raise funds. This includes donations, crowdfunding, etc. In this you will also lead a team of volunteers which will help you with this work. As donations director you will also take on some responsibilities commonly related to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO). This includes helping departments set up budgets, once they are getting funds.
Your tasks will include:
- Setting donations targets & strategy.
- Planning effective activities to achieve donations targets.
- Setting up plans for receiving donations from different sources.
- Setting up plans for crowdfunding from different sources.
- Setting up plans for other forms of fundraising.
- Leading the donations volunteer team, ensuring they are engaged and effective.
- Providing guidance & hands-on leadership for executing planned activities.
- Taking on other hands-on tasks related to donations and finances as necessary.
The following qualifications and/or experience aren’t required but would be helpful for you in taking on this role:
- Experience with non-profit fiscal activities, especially development, donations and fundraising.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline.
- Experience in a team management position.
- Ability to work independently, plan personal workload effectively and delegate.
- Fascination and active interest in neuroscience, biotechnology, artificial intelligence or other relevant emerging fields.
3 hours / week.
Questions about the recruiting processes: firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions about the Donations section: email@example.com
Questions about the Grants department: firstname.lastname@example.org
About Carboncopies Foundation for Substrate Independent Minds INC
2443 FILLMORE ST 380-6190, SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94115, US
The Carboncopies Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that provides support to scientists working on challenges critical to whole brain emulation (WBE). We believe that the possibilities and opportunities afforded by WBE represent the most promising technological path to overcoming our fundamental limitations as a species and as individuals.
To promote and accelerate the whole brain emulation, our foundation is focused on:
Encouraging scientific collaboration to create stepping-stone technologies
Publishing reviews of scientific literature and technology developments
Maintaining R&D roadmaps to identify and address scientific and engineering challenges
Increasing general awareness of the human adaptability gap and the possibility that neural prosthesis, whole brain emulation and substrate-independent mind may offer solutions
Hosting conferences or workshops, and providing informational material