5 people are interested
Become a Hospice Volunteer!
ORGANIZATION: Serenity HospiceCare
Please visit the new page to apply.
5 people are interested
Join our amazing team of Hospice Volunteers and make a true difference in the lives of others!
Our volunteers have so many ways they can help support our Hospice families!
1. Patient Visits- Volunteers get to visit with patients and their families and share stories, read, do crafts or enjoy music together.
2. Respite Visits- Volunteers get to sit with patients while their caregivers take a break or get out for appointments or to run errands.
3. Clerical Support- Volunteers get to help out in the Serenity office by filing, shredding, assembling new patient binders or making phone calls.
4. PR Support- Volunteers get to attend health fairs and other community events to represent Serenity and help run our booth and answer questions.
5. Bereavement Support- Volunteers get to spend time with grieving family members after their loved one passes to provide comfort and encouragement.
Initial and ongoing training is provided. Volunteers meet for a free luncheon every other month to fellowship and learn about topics relevant to end of life care. Volunteers also get to enjoy an annual banquet in April and Christmas party in December. Volunteers receive a free t-shirt and an ID Badge when they join and a gift at the banquet.
Call today for more information!
More opportunities with Serenity HospiceCare
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Serenity HospiceCare
5272 Flat River Rd., Park Hills, MO 63601, US
To provide excellent palliative medical, nursing, social, spiritual, and bereavement services to people with a terminal illness and to their loved ones. All services are self-directed, individualized and are available to everyone, regardless of their ability to pay.
Serenity HospiceCare is a spiritually-based, not-for-profit hospice. We provide support to people who've been diagnosed with a terminal illness as well as support for their family. We believe that all people with a terminal illness should be given the opportunity to die at peace and with dignity.
Serenity HospiceCare was established in 1989 which makes us the most experienced hospice company in the area. From the beginning, we have had a board of directors that is made up of people who live, work and worship right here in the counties that we serve. We have many long standing employees with 15+ year’s tenure. As new employees come on board, the legacy of integrity and compassion are passed down.
Counties in Missouri that we service: St. Francois County, Iron County, Washington County, Madison County, Perry County, Ste. Genevieve County, parts of Reynolds County and parts of Jefferson County.
5272 Flat River Rd.Park Hills, MO 63601
July 5, 2022
- Elder care
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- no minimum time commitment
- Volunteers must be compassionate, organized and responsible