18 people are interested
Social Media Manager
ORGANIZATION: Black Coalition for Safe Motherhood
Please visit the new page to apply.
18 people are interested
Black Coalition for Safe Motherhood (BCFSM) seeks volunteers who are passionate about improving Black Maternal Health and enthusiastic about promoting community based healthcare advocacy education in the Black community. Our ACTT Curriculum was designed to increase awareness of rights to respectful and person centered maternity care and to involve Black community members in practicing ways to amplify their voices to assert those rights in all healthcare settings. ACTT also promotes holistic community support for Black birthing people to reduce stress and increase healing. ACTT stands for powerful self-affirming steps:
Ask Questions until You Understand the Answers
Claim Your Space - Physical and Mental
Trust Your Body
Tell Your Story
BCFSM volunteers will help accelerate the spread of the ACTT Curriculum in Black communities nationwide by organizing and scheduling ACTT programs, and by raising funds or finding grants to support these programs. Volunteers should have ties in the Black community and will be expected to develop an understanding of Reproductive Justice and its Human Rights framework.
More opportunities with Black Coalition for Safe Motherhood
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Black Coalition for Safe Motherhood
101 W. Newtown Place, Newark, DE 19702, US
Black Coalition for Safe Motherhood seeks to improve Black Maternal Heath by promoting healthcare advocacy education and holistic community support for Black birthing families. O
Black birth workers, nurses, midwives and obstetricians came together in 2018-2019 and developed the ACTT Curriculum to be used by community members - pregnant and not pregnant - to take control of their healthcare. ACTT stands for
* Ask questions until you understand the answers
* Claim Your Space - Physical and Mental
* Trust Your Body
* Tell Your Story
ACTT is the powerful self affirming reminder of the steps to be taken to claim person centered respectful healthcare and make one’s voice heard. In ACTT Workshops, facilitators present medical situations to small groups and encourage the participants to role play asserting their human rights to quality care with dignity.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
March 23, 2022
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Social Media / Blogging
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Graphic Design / Print
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Four to 6 hours per week for 1) Group Zoom meetings about twice per month 2) posting on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram at least once per week and checking for responses every few days 3) growing followers, 4) spreading ACTT message.
- Commitment to Reproductive Justice, human rights and racial justice is essential. Familiarity with Black Maternal Health Crisis and community based solutions is helpful. Experience as a Black person accessing medical/maternity care is also helpful.