DONATE TO THIS
21 people are interested
Mobile Application Designer - iOS and/or Android
DONATE TO THIS
21 people are interested
BME was just featured on ABC, CBS, Politico, Newsweek, and many more outlets for our vaccination project and we need more people to join us as we continue to solve urgent social issues! CBS News said of our newest app: "Health experts have said friends and family are key to getting those who aren't vaccinated and experts say this (Vaccination Rewards) app will start those conversations."
Bright Mind Enrichment is a community wellness 501(c)(3) nonprofit dedicated to helping individuals thrive academically, socially, and emotionally. Our newest project is Vaccination Rewards, a unique tool to help people during the pandemic. We also recently launched a community wellness initiative, Street Care, focused on helping vulnerable populations through our deployable online and on-the-streets outreach program approach. For Street Care, we have developed an app road-mapped to provide volunteers with background context, how-to videos, and interactive functionality -- to enable anyone to feel prepared to go out and help homeless people safely and effectively.
Bright Mind Enrichment (BME) is a community wellness organization dedicated to helping individuals thrive academically, socially, and emotionally. We recently launched a community wellness initiative: Street Care focused on helping vulnerable populations through our deployable online and on-the-streets outreach program approach. We have also developed an app road-mapped to provide volunteers with background context, how-to videos, and interactive functionality to deepen our volunteers’ efforts. Aligned to the multi-phased roadmap,
BME seeks functional app support to continue UI/UX app design of new mobile features.
- Create wireframes, storyboards, and/or user flows to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas to developers
- Adhere to existing style standards for typography and graphic design
- Follow existing standards to allow designs to be developed for both iOS and Android
- Understand the iOS Human Interface Guidelines and Design for Android Guidelines
- Preferred familiarity with Figma
- Flexible for skilled designers. (Typically designers provide 5+ hours of the design per week for ~4 months per phase)
- 1-hour recurring weekly meeting
You will work closely with BME’s leadership and team and have full support from our diverse teams spanning different industries, including non-profit work and various types of technological experience and expertise.
Community Service Verification Letter for hours volunteered available upon request.
Our diverse team includes: #Consultants, #Volunteers,#Retirees, and #Internships, #Returnship Volunteers, #VisaCandidates (including OPT), #ExternshipsCurrent Application for reference https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.app.bmeapplication1 Current and Future scope of work for mobile (~4 months per phase)
- Phase 1 - Completed
- Phase 2 - 1 provide volunteers with the ability to track volunteer hours; 2 support bi-lingual support between English and Spanish
- Phase 3 - an interactive tool with geofencing capabilities to support homeless people’s needs
- Phase 4 - 1 interactive tool with additional geofencing capabilities to support homeless people’s needs
- Phase 5 - UI/UX improvements on existing volunteer survey
- Phase 6 - 1UI/UX improvements for volunteers on multi log-in options; 2 enhancement of interactive features to aid volunteers and homeless people
[specifics will be shared upon joining project]
About BRIGHT MIND ENRICHMENT AND SCHOOLING
58 FAIR OAKS ST, SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94110, US
Helping individuals thrive academically, socially, and emotionally
Bright Mind is a community wellness education organization.
Bright Mind recently launched Street Care, a massive initiative built by our homelessness and wellness experts, 'your toolkit to help homeless people.' We have an app, an expanding series of informational materials and instructional videos (25+ already), and more (at streetcare.us). We are pioneering an online and on-the-streets outreach approach, accessible to everyone.
For all of Bright Mind's work, well-being, tenacity, curiosity, and creativity are the heart of the approach, to help individuals thrive academically, socially, and emotionally. We are passionate about building community. This is a crucial time to create positive change, and we look forward to working together as we accomplish great things together!
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
August 25, 2021