5 people are interested
Volunteer at the Country Club Plaza Farmers' Market!
5 people are interested
Are you looking to give back and get outdoors this summer? Volunteer with Alchemist CDC's CalFresh at Farmers Markets program!
Your volunteer time directly creates equitable access to fresh, healthy, local food for every Sacramento resident!
CalFresh at Farmers' Markets facilitates the use of CalFresh/EBT and Pandemic EBT/P-EBT cards at Sacramento County farmers' markets. As a volunteer, you will help debit benefits from a customer's card and help receive redeemed vouchers from farmers.
Our program operates on Saturdays at Arden's Country Club Plaza Farmers' Market from 8am-12:30pm, as well as the following markets this summer:
Arden Fair Mall, 8am-12:30pm
Florin Road, 8am-12:30pm
Sunrise Station (Rancho Cordova), 8am-12:30pm
Laguna (Elk Grove), 8am-12:30pm
Volunteer shifts vary in length from 2.5 to 4.5 hours, and can be customized to fit your schedule. All shifts are hands-on, in-person at the farmers' markets.
Our CalFresh community is diverse, and we welcome volunteers that can speak a second language (including Arabic, Cantonese, Farsi, Mandarin, Russian, Spanish, and Vietnamese).
Our COVID-19 precautions: all volunteers, staff, customers, and vendors are required to wear a well-fitted face mask that covers nose and mouth while at the CalFresh booth. Volunteer shifts are scheduled to limit the number of households spending time together at the market. Six feet of space is given whenever possible between staff, volunteers, customers, and vendors. Hand sanitizer is provided at the booth.
Our next volunteer training is Sunday, May 23, 2021 at Arden Fair Mall. RSVP through this Volunteer Match post or email Charlie, Program Coordinator, directly at email@example.com. If you can't make it on May 23, no problem! We will schedule a training that works with your schedule.
See our work! Follow us on social media:
Give back to the community this summer by providing equitable access to fresh food for all!
About Alchemist Community Development Corporation
4625 44th St, Suite 33, Sacramento, CA 95820, US
Connecting communities to land, food, and opportunity.
Vision: all neighborhoods are vibrant, equitable, healthy and diverse.
- Vibrant: Neighborhoods are full of creative residents with the best ideas for improving their communities - we are here to help develop and educate residents as a way to strengthen communities
- Equitable: Social justice in community development means that all residents should contribute to and benefit from economic and physical development in their neighborhoods
- Healthy: A healthy community is one that improves the quality of life and over-all well-being of those that live, work and play there
- Diverse: Community health is strengthened by having residents of diverse ethnicity, economic level, cultural background, age and interest
Country Club Plaza Shopping Center2310 Watt AveSacramento, CA 95825
August 13, 2021
- Community Outreach
- Cross-cultural Communication
- People 55+
- Orientation or Training
- 1 hour training, then 2.5-4.5 hours per shift, volunteer as often as you want.
- Must be fluent in English and be able to communicate with customers, vendors, and staff in a clear and respectable manner. Must be prepared to volunteer outdoors.