13 people are interested
Volunteer Graphic Design Program Assistant
ORGANIZATION: ASD Adult Achievement Center
Please visit the new page to apply.
13 people are interested
We are looking for an enthusiastic, compassionate, and friendly volunteer/unpaid intern to assist the Adobe Instructor who teaches lessons about Adobe Creative Cloud programs to our group of high-functioning young adults with autism spectrum disorder (ASD). The ideal candidate is comfortable working with Adobe programs and has a passion for helping high-functioning individuals with autism learn and develop proficiency in these programs. This position will entail about 8 hrs/week of volunteering/interning at our center in Altamonte Springs. Responsibilities
- The position will be a commitment of volunteering 2 days each week for 4 hrs/day.
- The assistant will help in our small classes of 10 or fewer adults with autism.
- Classes take place in-person at our center in Altamonte Springs.
- The volunteer must be able to communicate and interact effectively and respectfully with high-functioning adults with ASD.
- Knowledge of and experience with Adobe Suite - Premiere, InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Word Press, After Effects, and related programs are preferred but not required.
- Teaching experience is preferred but not required.
- Experience working with young adults with autism or special needs is preferred but not required.
- Must demonstrate empathy, patience, and friendliness while working with high-functioning adults with autism, and a passion for giving back to the community!
About ASD Adult Achievement Center
283 Cranes Roost Blvd, Suite 111, Altamonte Springs, FL 32701, US
Our mission is to provide an environment where adults with ASD (autism spectrum disorder) can come together to learn skills, strategies and solutions to promote personal and professional achievement and independence.
ASD Adult Achievement Center is a non-profit provider of services for individuals with ASD (autism spectrum disorder). Founded in 2016, ASD Achievement serves adults 18 and over who desire greater independence. ASD Achievement provides training and education in the areas of independent life skills, social skills, executive function skills and job readiness skills to Central Florida residents.
222 South Westmonte DriveSuite 230Altamonte Springs, FL 32714
October 19, 2023
- Graphic Design / Print
- Basic Computer Skills
- Social Media / Blogging
- Special Needs
- Graphic Design
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 4 hrs/day, 2 days per week. Specific dates are dependent upon the class schedule for each academic semester.
- Must be comfortable working with adults with high functioning autism (ASD)