2 people are interested
Sunny Side Market - Pueblo
2 people are interested
Sunny Side Market is a network of local food pantries owned and operated by Care and Share Food Bank. Sunny Side volunteers help us get a variety of food to our neighbors in need through a warm, dignified, and respectful shopping experience. At Sunny Side Market, volunteers must be ages 14 and up. Volunteer tasks will be assigned upon arrival.
Title : Sunny Side Market Volunteer
Purpose: Assist neighbors while shopping through a warm, dignified, and respectful shopping experience.
- Assist/guide neighbors through market for a pleasant/smooth shopping experience
- Keep high touch points sanitized
- Keep items on shelves moved up and front faced (using first in/first out) to make room on lower shelves to prepare for next stocking shift
- Complete other various tasks during slow points of shift
- Check out neighbors by scanning their key fob and assisting them with removing their bags from the shopping cart
- Assist neighbors with their groceries to their vehicles (volunteers age 18+)
- Sanitize entire store/all touch points
- Break down all cardboard boxes
- Maintain a clean environment
- Ability to lift up to 40lbs.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Minimum age of 14.
- Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday
- We ask that volunteers be able to commit to at least 2 volunteer shifts per month. More shifts are welcome!
- A minimum commitment of 6 months is preferred.
If you would like to schedule a volunteer group, please contact our Volunteer Engagement Manager, Brittany Smith (719) 418-4295 or Brittany@careandshare.org
About Care and Share Food Bank of Southern Colorado - Colorado Springs, CO
2605 Preamble Point, Colorado Springs, CO 80915, US
At Care and Share Food Bank, our core purpose is to bridge the gap between hunger and abundance. Our mission is to provide food, partnering opportunities, and education to combat hunger and food insecurity in Southern Colorado communities. Our vision is an end to hunger in Southern Colorado.
At Care and Share Food Bank, we believe that no one should go hungry. Every day, we provide food to our partner agencies across Southern Colorado for our neighbors in need because well-fed communities are better for us all. Care and Share exists to ensure that the one in seven Southern Coloradoans at risk of hunger have access to enough healthy and nutritious food to thrive. We know that children without adequate access to food cannot develop successfully, families cannot plan for their future, and seniors find it more difficult to remain independent.As Southern Colorado's only food bank, Care and Share provides food to over 300 agencies; emergency shleters, food pantries and soup kitchens across our 31-county service area.
1230 East 8th StreetPueblo, CO 81001
August 9, 2021
- Inventory Management
- Customer Service
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- People Skills
- Must be at least 14
- 2 shifts per month