8 people are interested
Teen Volunteer Opportunity at Hopes Closet
8 people are interested
Hope’s Closet is a thrift store owned and operated by New Life Center. It serves two important purposes crucial to our work with domestic violence survivors. First, every child and adult seeking refuge at New Life Center’s emergency shelter has access to all the clothing and furnishings offered at the store completely free of charge. This is to ensure families’ basic needs are met while they are residing in shelter and upon their exit from our facility. Second, all proceeds from Hope's Closet are used to support New Life Center's shelter operations.
The Volunteer Clerk shall, under the supervision of the Manager, perform all duties assigned to him/her to ensure the daily smooth operation of the thrift store. This is a working, hands-on position and the Clerk will actively participate in the day to day operations of the thrift store.
- Assist the Manager of the thrift store as necessary in the daily operation of the thrift store.
- Assist customers as necessary in selection and purchase of items.
- Report problems / emergencies to the Manager, or in the Manager’s absence to the Lead Store Attendant. If the Lead Store Attendant is also unavailable, report to the Volunteer Coordinator
- Assist customers donating items.
- Ensure clothing racks or shelves are well stocked with quality used clothing or home goods.
- Ensure that furniture is displayed in an eye-pleasing fashion and that the overall appearance of the thrift store is appealing, neat, and clean.
- Under direction of the Manager or Lead Store Attendant, maintain the cleanliness of the store
- Receive customer complaints and refer to the Manager or Lead Store Attendant, if the Manager is not available.
- Ability to lift 30 to 60 lbs regularly (a plus, but not a must)
About NEW LIFE CENTER
PO BOX 5005, GOODYEAR, AZ 85338, US
Helping to eliminate domestic and sexual violence through support services, education, and expertise.
New Life Center offers shelter, safety and services to families seeking independent, violence-free lives. Our programs demonstrate respect for the individual and an environment in which families can begin to heal and plan for the future.
New Life Center is proud to have sprung from the passion and commitment of the West Valley community. Founded by members of the Soroptimist International of Estrella with strong support from area churches, service clubs and the Wigwam Resort, New Life Center opened its doors in 1991. That humble building served as the home for New Life for ten years. In April 2001, we moved to a newly constructed, safe and professional facility in Goodyear. Today, New Life Center provides services to over 1000 adults and children each year. In addition to a safe place to stay, we provide advocacy, employment services, legal assistance, comprehensive children’s services, transportation and outreach to adults and children survivors of domestic violence.
415 N. Litchfield Rd.Goodyear, AZ 85338
August 10, 2021
- Donor Management
- Retail / Sales
- Community Outreach
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Social Work
- Must be at least 13
- Orientation or Training
- We like Reliability! We will work with your schedule. Usually we like to have volunteers work 4 hour shifts. The shifts are 9 am to 12 pm and 12 pm to 4 pm. Shifts can be Tuesday-Saturday. It is based on the needs of Hope's Closet.
- All volunteer interest comes to Susan Allen, volunteer manager. Filling out a volunteer application and establishing a start date is required before starting.