Chinese Speaking Outreach Volunteers
43 people are interested
In many cultures, Alzheimer's Disease is still "taboo", an issue that isn't discussed in polite company. The Alzheimer's Association seeks to change that, reaching out to the different cultural groups in the Bay Area.
To make this happen, we are in need of volunteers with multilingual language skills to help reach out to the various communities. We are currently seeking volunteers who are fluent in Chinese to better reach Chinese communities.
- Learn more about the disease, the mission of the Alzheimer's Association, and the importance of sharing this mission with diverse communities
- Develop outreach materials (brochures, announcements, fliers, etc.) in appropriate languages
- Provide information on Association programs and services to businesses, groups, and individuals
- Distribute Association literature to physicians' and other professional offices
- Document contacts made and follow up by phone or personal visit
- Participate in ongoing training
We'll work with your schedule.
2290 N. First Street, Suite 101San Jose, CA 95131
- Public Speaking
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Community Outreach