DONATE TO THIS
4 people are interested
Social Worker Volunteer
DONATE TO THIS
4 people are interested
Together To Help Organization is looking for a compassionate social worker to help serve the Las Vegas Romanian community by assisting people that are affected by issues such as neglect, child abuse, domestic violence, mental health, and parental substance abuse. Cases will be handled by phone or in person.
You will be in charge of assessing clients and gathering relevant information about their cases, providing crisis intervention, and contacting and making referrals to other agencies and services.
A key to succeeding in this role is the ability to stay calm and empathize with clients when they are upset. You should also be aware of others’ reactions and understand why they react as they do.Social Worker Responsibilities:
- Assisting clients in receiving services by telephone and in person.
- Getting clients involved in beneficial activities.
- Assessing clients and gathering relevant information.
- Offering information and supporting clients and their families.
- Contacting and making referrals to other agencies and services.
- Maintaining accurate records and preparing reports.
- Participating in training, supervision, and meetings.
- Watch for signs of child abuse.
- Provide crisis intervention.
- Bachelor's degree in psychology, social work, or related field. ( or students that study in this field)
- Experience working with clients that are affected by issues including neglect, child abuse, domestic violence, mental health, and parental substance abuse.
- Ability to give full attention to what social service clients are saying, understand the points being made, ask questions, and not interrupt inappropriately.
- Awareness of others’ reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Ability to judge the relative costs and benefits of potential social service and health care actions and choose the most appropriate one.
- Comfortable using a computer for various tasks.
- Proficient in word, excel, outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to stay calm and empathize with clients when they are upset.
- Licensed clinical social worker.
- Able to develop a treatment plan.
- Knowledge of crisis intervention.
- Valid driver's license.
About TOGETHER TO HELP
4175 E RENO AVE, LAS VEGAS, NV 89120, US
At the core of our work, are cultural programs that promote communication within a diverse community that engages Romanians and Americans. Together we aim to combat social marginalization by restoring human dignity, helping and encouraging disadvantaged people through education and social commitment.
Together To Help is a 501(c)3 organization which is active in Las Vegas since December 12th, 2019. Our main goal is to support
intercultural communication between Romania and America, calling all domains of activity to come together and support social and
educational life. Our actions are built on Christian love, and moral values, encouraging human Charitable virtues. We provide cultural diversity and community engagement programs between Romania and America. Together we aim to combat social marginalization by restoring human dignity, helping and encouraging disadvantaged people in our diverse communities, through education and social commitment.
In the last year of 2020, we were present in Las Vegas Community helping UNLV Hope Students, disabled students from Romania, poor people suffering hunger during pandemic lockdowns and we offered new boots and coats for poor children in Romania.
POBox 12671 Las VegasLas Vegas, NV 89112
August 17, 2021
- Customer Acquisition
- Patient Care
- Hospice Care
- Community Outreach
- Occupational Therapy
- Social Work
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Your time will be self-monitored by Track it Forward