9 people are interested
Music ClubHouse Volunteer
9 people are interested
As a Music Clubhouse Volunteer, you will assist and teach youth at a variety of different skill levels (beginner through advanced) how to promote and express themselves through music. You will also provide them with opportunities to work on their musical skill(s) in both group and private settings. This can range from teaching a beginner basic guitar skills to working with a member to create a music video that aligns with a song he/she previously recorded.
- Play music with youth or help them practice an instrument
- Operate the recording studio
- Provide constructive input and feedback
- Introduce newcomers to the world of music
- Help build their self-esteem and motivation level
- Instruct individual and/or group lessons with youth between the ages of 8 and 18.
- Ability to create a fun environment for youth
- Basic musical ability
- Knowledge of modern music
- Experience working with a diverse group of youth
- Flexible and positive attitude
- Proficient in several areas of music is a plus
About BOYS & GIRLS CLUB OF GREATER LOWELL
657 MIDDLESEX STREET, LOWELL, MA 01851, US
To inspire and enable young people, especially those who need us most, to realize their full potential as productive, responsible and caring citizens.
With more than 100 years of history, the Boys & Girls Club of Greater Lowell has been serving generations of the community’s youth as a safe place to learn and grow. We currently have over 300 club members, and we strive to help them develop into valued, impactful citizens within their community.
Currently, 21.5% of the Lowell population is in poverty, making Lowell the 16th most impoverished city in Massachusetts. In the 2015-2016 academic year, almost 20% of Lowell High School students did not graduate within 4 years.
The purpose of the Boys & Girls Club of Greater Lowell is to provide the youth of Lowell with a safe space to challenge themselves academically, engage with their peers, adopt healthy habits, and become valued members of society.
657 Middlesex StreetLowell, MA 01851
September 7, 2021
- Youth Services
- Music Arts
- Child Development
- String Instrument
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- We ask that you commit to at least one shift per week, ideally for about 2-3 hours. Academic Year Hours are between 2PM and 6PM.
- Must be over 18 and submit to a background check as you will be working alongside minors.