4 people are interested
Provide a Veteran Companionship During Treatment
4 people are interested
The Fargo VA is seeking to recruit volunteers to improve the Veteran experience during outpatient visits by facilitating communication, assisting nursing staff, and providing comfort and companionship to Veterans during their medical treatments in the Infusion Center.
Veteran Experience Concierge volunteers will:
- *Provide comfort items (paper, magazines, etc.).
- *Provide companionship (visit, play games, etc. to Veterans getting treatment)
- *Clean vitals machine
- *Clean IV pumps/poles
- *Clean chairs and stations according to medical guidelines
- *Run lab specimens as needed
- *Collect outpatient medication/infusion materials from inpatient pharmacy
- *Provide wayfinding directions and physically escort Veteran to their next appointment.
- *Distribute meals and refreshments (coffee/snacks) in accordance with food service guidelines.
- *Uniform required - Red vest provided by VA.
- *Administrative assistance - filing, stuffing envelopes, copying, etc.
This exciting and fast-paced opportunity will require volunteers whom are energetic, patient-centered, empathetic, and have excellent verbal communication skills.
At this time, we are also in need of substitutes.
*The Fargo VA has a 50 hour lifetime volunteer requirement, and all volunteers must pass a background check, submit to a TB test, and obtain a flu shot prior to volunteering. Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required of all VA staff and volunteers.
08:00 AM to 12:00 PM
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About Fargo VA Health Care System
2101 Elm Street N, Fargo, ND 58102, US
To fulfill President Lincoln's promise "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" by serving and honoring the men and women who are America’s veterans.
Since 1929, VAMC Fargo has been improving the health of the men and women who have so proudly served our nation. We consider it our privilege to serve your health care needs in any way we can. Services are available to more than 89,000 veterans living in North Dakota, Minnesota, and South Dakota.
2101 Elm Street NFargo, ND 58102
September 20, 2021
- Veteran Care
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- One four-hour shift per week.