1 person is interested
Join the Friends of Twin Lakes State Park
ORGANIZATION: FRIENDS OF TWIN LAKES STATE PARK
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
The Friends of Twin Lakes State Park is looking for new members.
The Friends of Twin Lakes State Park (FTLSP) support the park in the following ways (this is not an exhaustive list):
- Service days
- Promoting park events
- Making social media posts
- Interpretive program design
- Increasing public awareness of the park
- Performing checks of the park's hiking trails
- Sharing personal skills and resources with rangers and the public
- Acting as a helping hand at larger events both inside and outside the park
- Attending monthly meetings (suggested, but not required) on the third Thursday of each month
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About FRIENDS OF TWIN LAKES STATE PARK
788 TWIN LAKES RD, GREEN BAY, VA 23942, US
Our members support Twin Lakes State Park through volunteerism and fundraising efforts. Opportunities range from things as simple as caring for the park’s pollinator garden or promoting park events on social media to carpentry projects and others requiring more manual labor.
Who we are:
The Friends of Twin Lakes State Park is an all-volunteer non-profit organization. Some of us are young, some of us old, some of us are retired, some of us work full-time and can only commit to attending one meeting a year-but there’s one thing we all have in common: we love Twin Lakes State Park.What we do:
Our members support Twin Lakes State Park through volunteerism and fundraising efforts. Opportunities range from things as simple as caring for the park’s pollinator garden or promoting park events on social media to carpentry projects and others requiring more manual labor.Why we do it:
Sure it feels great to give back, but volunteering is also a great way to meet people with similar interests, make long-lasting changes to your community, learn new skills and pad your resume.
In addition to all the feel-good reasons, members of the Friends of Twin Lakes State Park are entitled to free parking and 20% off merchandise at the park.How to get involved:
The Friends of Twin Lakes State Park meet on the third Thursday of every month. Some meetings are held at the park itself while others are held in nearby local businesses. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (434)-392-3435 for more information.
788 Twin Lakes RdGreen Bay, VA 23942
July 21, 2023
- Community Outreach
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Event Planning / Management
- Social Media / Blogging
- Outdoor Recreation
- People 55+
- No minimum or maximum time commitment for this opportunity
- Members of the Friends of Twin Lakes State Park are required to complete and pass a background check if participating in any volunteer opportunities outside of monthly meetings.