8 people are interested
8 people are interested
We are looking for volunteers to make an exceptional impact by working directly with individuals. If you want to help our neighbors gain access to valuable nutrition assistance and get food on their tables, this position is for you!
SNAP Ambassador (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program)
Remote (from your home), Colorado Springs Distribution Center, Pueblo Distribution Center, Sunny Side Markets, Mobile Markets, or many of our partner agency locations.
- Create real and direct change in our neighbor's lives
- Develop personal and professional relationships
- Gain a greater knowledge of food assistance and resources for low-income populations
- Conduct application assistance and outreach via phone or at Care and Share agencies
- Educate individuals about SNAP benefits and other food resources
- Enter SNAP application into the online PEAK Pro application system
- Stay informed about SNAP changes and updates
- Basic/intermediate computer knowledge and willingness to learn
- Experience working with people from diverse social and ethnic backgrounds
- Excellent communication skills
- Understanding of government assistance programs (preferred but not mandatory)
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
- Training and equipment will be provided
- Minimum of 3-4 hours each week
- Minimum commitment of 2 months
About Care and Share Food Bank of Southern Colorado - Colorado Springs, CO
2605 Preamble Point, Colorado Springs, CO 80915, US
At Care and Share Food Bank, our core purpose is to bridge the gap between hunger and abundance. Our mission is to provide food, partnering opportunities, and education to combat hunger and food insecurity in Southern Colorado communities. Our vision is an end to hunger in Southern Colorado.
At Care and Share Food Bank, we believe that no one should go hungry. Every day, we provide food to our partner agencies across Southern Colorado for our neighbors in need because well-fed communities are better for us all. Care and Share exists to ensure that the one in seven Southern Coloradoans at risk of hunger have access to enough healthy and nutritious food to thrive. We know that children without adequate access to food cannot develop successfully, families cannot plan for their future, and seniors find it more difficult to remain independent.As Southern Colorado's only food bank, Care and Share provides food to over 300 agencies; emergency shleters, food pantries and soup kitchens across our 31-county service area.
100 Greenhorn Dr # 100Pueblo, CO 81004
August 9, 2021
- Office Reception
- Data Entry
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2 month commitment with a minimum of 3-4 hours/week
- Basic computer skills, great communication skills, awesome customer service.